Thursday, January 24, 2013

High Hand Nursery

Another mug at The Fresh Market


Gaytrell and I recently went to the High Hand Nursery in Loomis and I felt as though I was in a special part of heaven.  This incredible place has so many different plants and areas of plants that compliment each other so well.  There are vignettes of trees, plants and flowers through out the nursery.  As this is a time when most things are dormant, it was amazing to see the area as beautiful.  I can just imagine how beautiful it must be the other three seasons of the year.

There is also a wonderful cafe.  The food was very good though a bit pricey and I  feel it was worth the cost.   All of the walls are glass, including the ceiling, and on one side is a glass garage door that opens for events and outside eating.  Only one wall is solid and goes to the kitchen and a gift area.  The nursery sits next to the old packing shed that has been renovated and now houses an art co-op of local artists and several other unique and creative shops.  The building also includes the remains of some of the workings of the packing shed from its golden days of shipping products via train to the rest of the country.    This is a lovely place to enjoy the day.  






Wednesday I again joined "My Networking Group" for breakfast and had a wonderful time sharing with old friends and meeting some new business owners.  I love it when it is time for the speakers to talk about their business.  I always learn something new.  This was a day about finger and toe nail enhancements and care and also the interior designer brought our attention to the hardware world of design and decorating.  Always something to learn.






My Son, Daughter-In-Law and I went to a newly discovered Chinese restaurant for lunch yesterday.  Absolutely delicious.  We were the only non Chinese people in the restaurant and they were so gracious to us. We left a very happy group and very full.  This is definitely a place to go again.  I don't know the name however I know how to get there.  Gaytrell was kind enough to pick me up from my Son's as I returned his car.  I will be leaving Auburn today and going back to Millie's for a short time.  We have several eating out plans and of course, Mimi's is on the list with their French Onion soup and salad special.  It seems lately that a lot of things have been around food.  I wonder if this could be the cause of my weight gain.  Don't answer that.



I plan (used that word again) to go back to Morro Bay for a while before heading east.  I think it is probably a good idea to let the country thaw out a bit before I truly hit the road.  The Central Coast has still fairly moderate temperatures though they did experience some freezing temperatures the week it was so cold in Auburn.  I heard that even San Diego had below freezing temperatures.  It appears the weather patterns around the world are changing.




OK, need to get packed up, unplugged and ready to relocate.  I still have my taxes to finish and a few things I received in the mail to resolve.  Always something to do and keep me busy.  So, thanks to all of you in Auburn that I was able to connect with and share time with.  It was awesome seeing you, even if only for short time, and I look forward to seeing you again when I travel through the area.



The Fresh Market
Enjoy the flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment