Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer or Autumn?

The nights and early mornings feel as though it is Autumn, being cool and crisp. (And I am using my light weight down blanket.)   There are even two leaves on one of the Dogwood tree that have turned colors. The other Dogwood tree is sporting some red berries now.



So, while all of this Autumn thing is happening, the daytime temperatures have been in the low 90's.  This seems to have been the longest, warmest summer I've experienced since moving here in 2002.  I think it may be time to move on.  (Which, of course, I am!)  Yay...

I am busy getting everything ready for the Estate Sale this Saturday.  It is one day only, thank God, and I am thinking I will be too exhausted to do an open house the next day.  So, I will reschedule this for another time.  Of course, if those of you close wish to stop by, just give me a call.  I expect to be here wrapping things up.  Unless I am at the ice cream store or the bakery.  (All that great comfort food to keep me fortified.)

I discovered that depending on my frame of mind, indicted what price I put on items.  It was quite funny.  We'll see what happens at the sale.  If anyone is able to help out for a few hours on Saturday, I would be grateful.  Thanks to Millie, Leslie and Gaytrell for providing tables for the event.  The temperature looks as though it will cooperate and I'm looking forward to having fun with all the shoppers.

This is my last week of doing sessions.  It will seem odd to close this part of my daily activities.  I am curious to see what presents itself from here forward.  I ordered and received more bamboo yarn, so I know this will keep my hands busy.  I have four boxes of books I would like to take, however, I am certain the weight is prohibitive.  May do the Kindle thing if what I want is available.  I will check it out.  

OK, back to getting ready for sessions and finish watering the ever thirsty lawns.

"The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth."

Chinese Proverb

Enjoy your stroll!


No comments:

Post a Comment