Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Bathroom Clock

Approximately fifteen years ago a I received a small clock as a gift.  It looks similar to a grandfather's clock though it is only five inches tall with a little handle on top.  This has been the best clock for the bathroom because of it's size and it goes great with my sea shells and all things ocean.  It runs by battery and of course this has needed changing over the years.

But something strange began happening to this charming little timing device.  It started to slowly add time.  At first it was only a few minutes.  However, now it is currently almost 20 minutes fast.  So I have to calculate the current time when I look at it to determine whether I am on time or not.  I have tried resetting it every week only to lapse and have it be at least 10 minutes fast again. Sometimes between battery changing it will be on time for many months only to suddenly begin adding time.  I have developed an odd liking for this little treasure and am seriously considering taking it with me on my adventure.  I am afraid that if someone else ends up with it they will consider it broken and throw it away.  That would be sad so I must resolve this before I begin my travels.

My bathroom also contains the most wonderful bar of soap.  It is from Italy and is made of virgin olive oil.  It is brown and has a very clean smell.  When I get it wet it feels soft and very much like satin.  It seems to do its job by getting me clean.  I have used it on my face and am considering using it on my hair.  Imagine having one bar of soap that does it all.  What a savings in money, as well as space.  I like it!

So now that I am clean and have figured out I am on time, I came to realize how amazed I am at how many people  I have run into lately that I had not seen for quite awhile.  Within a two day period I saw one client in the bank and the other in Staples.  My client in the bank and I chatted while including the banks small business representative, a teller and a few other employees of the bank.  We definitely had a social gathering in the lobby.  This bank is also the only bank I have ever been in where I get hugs from the employees.  Pretty impressive!

The other client was in Staples.  No hugging from employees here. She and I caught up on things and she was very enthusiastic about my upcoming adventure.  She and the clerk assisted me in getting the "do it yourself copy machine"  to let me make copies.  We exchanged connecting information before she left and I finished making copies of my good by letter and referral list for my current clients.  I have been very productive.  And I am still pondering how wonderful, when one thinks of another, that that person suddenly appears in your life.  Good vibrations?

Machado's will be opening for the spring, hopefully in the next few weeks, when the cherries are ripe and ready for eating.  This wonderful local produce store makes the most awesome fresh bing cherry pie I have ever had.  I can gain two pounds just sniffing in the aroma.  Yumm.   Since I live just down the street from the store, I think this explains my weight gain.  Completely unfair.  I may as well just eat the pie and get the enjoyment of the flavors and textures.  And there has to be a scoop of ice cream.  That goes without saying.  For now though, I will wait for the aroma to make its way to my front door.  Then, knowing they are open again, I will be on the attack.

Enjoy the smells!

2 comments:

  1. It's the only bank I know of where that happens too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. Wish you were still there!?

      Delete