Thursday, February 12, 2015

- MORE SUNRISES AND SUNSETS -

Reflections, even though it is cloudy!


Sunrises    It is impossible for me to get my fill of sunrises.  Each one is so very different.  Any sort of cloud or cloud cover can generate amazing colors.  Fog can do the same making things appear rather eerie.  I love seeing the sun as it rises and reflects on the waters in the harbor.  There is this whole magical thing that happens, as far as I am concerned.  




There is this opening in a plant at the waterfront!


Sunsets     Sunsets are just as varied depending on all kinds of conditions.  Mostly clouds and fog.  It is fun to find different places to be for picture taking.  Obviously, I have found that taking pictures through plants can produce some interesting results.    Some are so serene and others can be so dramatic.




Notice Morro Rock in the background!


Christmas leftovers    Thankfully a few residents left their Christmas light decorations on until New Years.  I actually convinced one owner to put them on so I could take pictures.  His Cypress tree is lovely and he carefully decorates it, expanding his work each year.  He hand crafts the light balls and says he has some surprises in store for next year.  I am looking forward to that.  Only ten months to go.



Found    Christmas tags after I bought some.  There is this whole thing about what I packed and forgot I had when I started my Adventure.  I only had limited space in my motor home so I was very selective about what I brought with me.  Some things have been a surprise and others, well, let's just say I thought I brought them, only to not find them anywhere.  Oh joy!  Oh frustration!  It all makes me laugh.



 http://www.marinemammalcenter.org/  Check us out!  
Adopt a Seal
Help our patients get a second chance at life.
ADOPT!
Garnett, marine mammal center, harbor seal



New Volunteer      I am now a new volunteer with The Marine Mammal Center.  The main Center is located in Sausalito, California and we have a satellite triage center here in Morro Bay.  I have completed the training for handling and capturing stranded marine mammals and animal husbandry.  Huge amounts to learn and this feels it will be a good fit for me with getting involved with the community.  (Animals, that is!)  So if you see some wild woman with a net running down the beach, it could be me!

I anticipate working with Northern Elephant Seals, Harbor Seals, Northern Fur Seals and California Sea Lions.  There is a lot of work with the rescuing and and rehabilitation efforts involved, so I will be getting continuous training as I help them out.  Truly excited about this next opportunity of my Adventure.  

I will discuss the whole car thing in my next writing.  This has been one of those experiences that has brought patience to a whole new level.  And lots of laughing.

Until then, take care of yourself!  Someone loves you!!!


This incredible adorable little rose grows in a rather neglected flower bed near the grocery store! 



To All of Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday,
Chris!
Rhonda!
Susan!
Tim!
Leslie!
Jean!
Chris!
Loren!





"The best way to predict your future
is to create it."
Zig Ziglar




Enjoy your Nature!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment