Saturday, February 15, 2014

- A SHORT DRIVE -



I needed to move my motor home to a different space in the RV park, so I decided that since I would be running the motor home any way I may as well take it for a drive.  So I went to San Luis Obispo for supplies by way of the Los Osos Valley Road, about fifteen miles.

I was immediately captured by the lushness of the area, the sight of hawks soaring and layers of hills.  I have always enjoyed this way to SLO because it takes one through some lovely countryside and I quickly found that the rains and drizzles we had a bit ago have left their mark.

The hills that had been grayish brown now have a hint of green.  Mixed with the plowed, planted and tended fields that will yield produce and flowers soon, it was a delightful drive.  Lots of different colors of green everywhere and farmers busy caring for their fields.  The sun had broken through the fog and it was clear and beautiful and peaceful.

I entered the city and was bathed in the profusion of many vibrant colors of flowers and blooming trees lining the streets and adorning homes and building complexes.  It was warmer here and it truly made it feel as though Spring had sprung and everything was basking in its glory.  I felt happy and warm and thoroughly content.

I had intended to make several stops while in town, however, I dallied way too long in New Frontier's and decided to head back to Morro Bay before the tourists congested the main streets of the downtown area of my small town.  It is tricky getting in and out of the RV park, so I was grateful to be able to maneuver this without the sounds of honking horns by those wanting me out of their way.  Fortunately, I have found that most people are patient with us RV'ers 

I easily settled in to my new location and felt satisfied with my purchases and very glad I chose to end my spree when I did.  I only have so much room to store things and I was grateful that I managed to do just that.  Apples and grapefruits though, are on the limited counter space.  Guess I'll just have to eat them first.

Flowers are also blooming here in Morro Bay.  The succulents that only occasionally bloom are doing it again this year.  So, even though there has been little rain, many plants are thriving.  Even the Agapanthus plants are blooming.  It feels as though it is April or May with all the colors and flowers everywhere.  I am curious to see how April and May will feel!

I, for one, am grateful for the weather, flowers, plants, butterflies, birds and such, since these are all truly a wonderful part of this area.  Mother Nature provides a different feel here that is very comfortable for me and I can relax and simply be.







To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, my son, Tim!
Happy Birthday, Leslie!
Happy Birthday, Jean!
Happy Birthday, Chris B.!
Happy Birthday, Megan P.!



"To have courage
for whatever comes in life...
everything lies in that."
- St. Teresa of Avila




Enjoy your courage!



No comments:

Post a Comment