Tuesday, February 11, 2014

- WEATHER -



Well, we have had some wonderful rainy and misty days, much to the delight of everyone here.  I can remember many times in the past when we had wet days how some people would complain.  Now, since things have been a tad dry, everyone is appreciating the moisture.  

Currently, the wetness has ceased for a bit and we are enjoying clear blue skies, a few meandering clouds, temperatures in the upper 60's and a slight gentle off shore breeze.  The air is so clean and crisp after the rains.  The finches are singing, gulls are calling and all is well in the Universe.

The details of my living situation are worked out and I will be here in the RV park until the middle of March.  Then I will be transferring things from the motor home to the apartment and getting the RV ready to sell.  I will probably rent a small van for the trip to Sacramento and Auburn and return to organize and set things up.  I am very excited.

It is amazing to think I have been in my little home on wheels for a year and a half.  It will be interesting to see how I handle being stationary for a while.  There were so many times while traveling when I would be changing location once a week or so.  Aside from here in Morro Bay, Trinidad was my longest stay of two months. 

I became quite adept at hooking and unhooking everything.  Power cord, water hose, TV cable, and waste water connector.  Although, it was almost a given that I would fail to secure some drawer and it would go flying open as I went around a corner.  I had to laugh because, of course, I knew I had double checked everything.  One time (and only one time) I failed to secure the pocket door.  Good grief, the sound made me think something serious had broken.

So, as I prepare for this shift in my Adventure, I can only imagine my purpose in being here.  Lots of things present themselves in my mind.  Working, volunteering, pet sitting, picking up waste near the Rock, walking, eating, etc.  I am looking forward to whatever it may be.  Bring it on!

Thanks to each of my family members and friends for emails and calls and chatting and bringing me up to date on your lives. Thanks, Megan, for lunch and the walk to the rock and ride home.  Thanks, Sandy, for the gift.  It will work perfectly.  Thanks, Chris, for the upcoming home.  Thanks, Carol and Eric and Jo Ann, for the attempted trip to Atascadero to join Joyce and Pete.  Thanks, Carol S., for the San Luis trip for goodies.  All of you are so wonderful.  This is a great village.

Did I tell you I can now hang out laundry again?  As most of you know, this is one of my joys in life.  Sheets smell and feel so good after drying in the sunshine.  I am going to have to be creative to do this at the apartment.  The wheels are turning and I am certain I will think of something.  I would be thrilled  even if I could just do the sheets.

I have been back to the fudge shop and my favorite young woman (Mandy) who works there gave me a discount on my birthday.  (What better place to be than the fudge shop on one's birthday!)  She is getting married in October and is busy getting everything organized and ready for the event.  It is nice to know she is still here.

Flowers are in bloom here and everything is so colorful just about everywhere.  Now that we have had some rain it is possible the surrounding hills will turn green and show the usual colors of winter.  Currently they are the grey/brown that is what one usually sees in the summer.  Come on rain!

Thousands of Elephant Seals!
The tall ships have been in the harbor and they provide an educational venue for everyone as they transport all back in time to the days of the 18th century at sea.  One is a replica of the Lady Washington and another the Hawaiian Chieftan.  There is something so nostalgic and romantic in watching them maneuver through the harbor, heading out to sea, with their loads of passengers enjoying a "learn and do" adventure of a lifetime.

As you can see, I am adjusting to being here in Morro Bay again and thrilled with the prospect of what this will be for me.  I am again enjoying all of the sights and sounds of this lovely little town.  There are lots of familiar faces and many more new ones.  And I am grateful to again call this place home.


Someone is hungry!





To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Mabel!
Happy Birthday, Ken!
Happy Birthday, Pat!
Happy Birthday, Elan!
Happy Birthday, Chris!
Happy Birthday, Rhonda!
Happy Birthday, Susan!





"Every creature is better
alive than dead,
men and moose and pine trees,
and he who understands it aright
will rather preserve its life
than destroy it."
 - Henry David Thoreau


Enjoy all aspects of your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment