Monday, March 24, 2014

- ALLERGIES -


My recent trip to the Sacramento area was a clear reminder of one of the reasons I love being at the central coast (Morro Bay).  This one reason is allergies.  I was feeling the itchy eyes, running nose, itchy corners of the mouth and post nasal drip in less than a day after I arrived there.  I fortunately found the specific remedy that seems to work for me on Friday and managed to make it through the pollen days and nights until I arrived back home on Sunday.

I simply must remember that Spring is the time of year when I need to avoid the valleys and foothills of California.  There are so many wonderful trees and flowers everywhere which are amazing and beautiful and they all provide ample pollen that only seems to cause me serious issues.  While driving home I used the a/c in order to be able to keep my eyes clear and keep from having to blow my nose every two minutes.

I enjoy driving Hwy 101 between Morro Bay and the turn off for Hollister, the quick stop at Casa de Fruita and then over Pacheco Pass which eventually connects with I-5.  This entire stretch is filled with various colors of green from the planted fields to the large amounts of leafing trees in every shade of green imaginable.  There are areas of yellow flowers that almost make a carpet which would be very tempting to walk through.

Flowers of all colors are plentiful and sometimes so vibrant it draws ones attention away from the road traveled.  It is very important to stay on task since these are mostly two lane roads and getting more heavily traveled by those who have discovered my secret route.  This is, of course, to shorten the distance one would need to drive on I-5, which in my opinion, is one of the most boring highways to drive along.

It has improved over the years since I first drove it back in the early 70's when it opened to traffic from Stockton to Southern California.  Dating myself here.  At that time there was nothing along the route.  No commercial businesses, homes or fields of produce or places to stop and take care of business.  So it has improved a lot since that time, though for me, I would much rather take the route I do instead. I still have to pass by an odd place on I-5 called Crows Landing.  The wire fences surrounding it are excessively tall and the top curves inward.  It gives me the creeps and I usually say a little prayer when passing by.

My trip was successful in that I collected belongings from Tim and Darlene's and Millie's and enjoyed meals and time with each of them.  I was happy to see my chiropractor in Auburn who easily put me back together.  I am looking for someone here who will do the same.  I also had the opportunity to have lunch at Flower Farm with Gaytrell.  The Flower Farm has expanded its nursery and is looking beautiful and cared for and filled with all sorts of growing things.  Eating outside surrounded by all this nature was so relaxing and peaceful.

I am glad I rented the size van I did as it was quite full by the time I left Millie's.  I had a few over sized items that would not have fit through the motor home door, hence the rental of a van.  Everything made the transition well and all are awaiting a place in my new home.  This truly is my home now and I am so glad to be here.  (Think I might have mentioned this before!)

My travels over the past five days have presented lots of wild life.  Everything from the soaring hawks and buzzards, and grazing geese, to baby cows, horses, sheep, young elephant seals, zebra  and a coyote.  There are many other birds and one actually started to hop into my studio while I had the door open.  Fortunately it went back out before getting trapped inside and I grateful to have dodged having to clean up feathers, etc.  That would have been interesting.

I am gradually getting things organized and settled in the studio and realizing I am going through another purge.  I feel it is time to pare down to bare bones.  The City of Morro Bay does an annual garage sale (April 5 and 6) and this is a perfect opportunity to share all of these wonderful things with others who will look at it as new for them.  Time to let go of so much more than I realized I had.  There is, however, a stuffed musical moving snowman, which was my dogs favorite thing to watch at Christmas, that will have to go to a very special home.

For now, I will be very selective of what actually has a place in my small studio home.  These will be items that are useful and/or have a particular meaning or purpose at this time.  This feels as though I am redefining myself in some ways and what I choose to be with me now will be very specific and carefully thought out.  It will be very interesting to see how this all develops and expresses.



To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Travis!
Happy Birthday, Teri!
Happy Birthday, Carol!
Happy Birthday, Judy!



We all have a beautiful light within....
We just sometimes forget that it is there!
 - John Holland


Enjoy your light!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment