Tuesday, March 18, 2014

- SUNRISE/MOONSET -



Well, I have successfully moved most of my belongings into the small studio I will be calling home, for who knows how long.  I am very thrilled to be here and to be putting roots into the ground once again.  It feels so right to be here, now.  It is a challenge to put into words how excited, happy, peaceful and joyous I am at this point.  I will strive to do this as I continue my Adventure here in Morro Bay.

I truly thought my traveling would last quite a bit longer than the almost two years that I have been out there.  However, it is crucial that I trust and follow the guidance I feel from within.  All of my indicators say here and now.  So, trusting, here I am.  And all I can say is "Yea!"  And "Thank You, Universe!"  I am so blessed to be here and I am very grateful for this blessing.

My walks to the Rock, Embarcadero and Harbor have brought many variances each time I venture there.  We have had many mornings of glorious sunshine with thin wisps of clouds that display amazing colors.  What a way to start the day.
A recent morning was filled with fog.  Walking to the rock was curious since I was unable to view the rock due to the denseness of the fog.  Then as the fog started to clear and slowly revealed the rock and it also gave the stacks an eerie look as the sun was rising.

This morning the moon was setting over the rock as the sun was rising in the opposite part of the sky, so there was a great contrast in colors and hues that was difficult to capture in a picture.  I shall continue to do my best with picture taking and having fun in the process.  It is always a surprise as I take my morning walks and marvel at the abundance of differences every day.

Chris has been a dear making certain that I am comfortable and settled and needs met in the studio.  Having known each other for over fifteen years is making it a smooth and easy transition for me.  She is in the process of remodeling her kitchen and hence is a bit stressed without the full functioning kitchen.  Hopefully just a few more weeks.

It is rather comical that we run into each other quite often near the beach, the rock or somewhere in between in the mornings.  Sometimes Duke, her awesome dog, is in tow and he always lets me get my dog fix by loving all over him.  He has the sweetest heart and such a loving demeanor.  I think he is one of a kind and I am grateful I get to share his space when I do.

I am off to Sacramento tomorrow to gather things from Tim and Darlene's, and Millie's, and to visit my chiropractor in Auburn.  It will be a quick trip since I have to rent a van to get everything from there, to here in Morro Bay.  I would have driven the motor home, however, a few of the items will not fit through the door of the motor home.  Who would have thought that would ever be an issue?  Obviously not me!

Once I get things settled here, and have sold the motor home, then I can do a leisurely drive to visit family and friends in the area.  Of course, they can always come here for a visit.  I know a motel in the area that gives a very good discount.  This is always a good thing to know.


The hills are green now and the drive into San Luis is so delightful.  JoAnn was kind enough to take me today and we had lunch with Loren, Don, Joyce and Pete at New Frontiers.  The weather was perfect, the hills the most lushous green and the flowers are blooming everywhere, making it even better.  

JoAnn will be returning home to Wisconsin at the end of the month so she is taking every advantage of the weather and the beauty of the area before she departs.  She expects to return here again next winter for a few months to get away from the cold and snow.  Her sister, Carol, and her husband, Eric, and the rest of us will be looking forward to her return then.


Joyce and Pete will be taking me to the Enterprise rental office in the morning. Bless the rental place for finding a vehicle that will work for my needs.  There are no cargo vans available so they agreed to rent me a fifteen passenger van and take out the seats for me and replace them when I return it.  I am most grateful for this.  Everyone is so nice and helpful in this area.  One of the many reasons for being here for now.

So, I am mostly packed and ready to go in the morning.  It will be nice to return with all of the items everyone has been kindly keeping for me, and then I can put my little space together and have it be all organized and comfortable.  I currently am functioning out of the motor home and bags.  A less than perfect situation.  Thankfully, temporary.

Then I only need to acquire a bed and a table and I will be all set.  There is a city wide garage sale in a few weeks and I expect I will find what I am looking for without spending a small fortune for them.  I helped Joyce and Pete last year and will probably do so again this year.  It is amazing how many people come into town for the event.  It gets a little crazy as a lot of people just walk on the streets without being conscious of the vehicles.  Could be danger there...

Hold good thoughts for me as I travel for the next several days and return to get things settled.  After that I will be doing some pet sitting for the locals.  My first pet will arrive March 27th for seven days.  I am looking forward to all the dog fixes I will have.  This will sustain me until the animal for me arrives.  I am still waiting!








To all those celebrating,

Happy Birthday!



Happy Birthday, JoAnn!

Happy Birthday, Jonah!
Happy Birthday, Lynette!
Happy Birthday, Sharon!
Happy Birthday, Ellie!
Happy Birthday, Jacqueline!
Happy Birthday, Stacey!

Happy Birthday, Jan!





The glory of gardening:
hands in the dirt,
head in the sun,
heart with nature.
To nurture a garden is
to feed not just the body,
but the soul.
Alfred Austin

Enjoy your garden!

2 comments:

  1. safe travels roe =) sending good thoughts your way.... so exciting to be moving into your studio! I love reading about your walks, makes me feel like I am right there with you. How I miss the ocean! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are!!! And thanks, I am home now and all is well...

      Delete