Sunday, April 13, 2014

- COMPUTERS -



So, I have avoided being on my computer for many days, which is mostly due to my continuing process of putting my new home in order.  Each of these things takes time and I am in the "get things in order" mode at the moment, hence, the computer has taken a back seat to lots of other things to be done.  My apologies to those I have yet to respond to.  It will happen, I promise.  

I continue to take the walks to the Rock and along the Embarcadero with an occasional stop at the bakery. I still have the whole suck me in from the street with the aromas thing going on.  Though I am doing much better with my choices and avoiding most of the pastries and sweet items in the shop.  Definitely a challenge.  I am getting a stronger will with all of this.

There have been some amazing sunrises and sunsets and cloud formations during the days and nights.  The rains we had cleaned everything, including the Rock and the air and have really greened up the surrounding hills. We even had some hail one afternoon which is unusual for here,   All of Mother Nature feels happy and healthy and very much alive.  This  rather sums up how I feel being here.

I keep forgetting to mention that this area is a bird sanctuary (or maybe I did and forgot) which explains all the bird sounds and songs I hear on a continuous basis.  This morning around 4:30 I had  a wonderful specimen outside my window (open) singing its little heart out.  I continue to be unable to identify them and if Ann Marie was here she could probably identify them all in a heart beat.  There is a resident woodpecker in the neighborhood and if I close my eyes I think I am in the forests of the mountains.  Pretty cool.

I discovered a small frog attempting to stay warm in some items I had stacked outside on the deck.  He/she really wanted to stay there as I had a difficult time convincing it to leap onto some soil.  I have yet to hear it and Chris tells me they make a very loud sound for how tiny they really are.  We are hoping it she/he will find a spot here and stay.  Bird and frog sounds are a lovely way to go to sleep at night and awaken to in the mornings.

We had some rather warm days here and then some fog that arrived a few days ago.  The fog usually fades by noon and then it is sunny and warm again.  Chris helped me string a clothes line so I can again hang my sheets out to dry.  Yes, air dried sheets tonight!  She is so kind, generous and thoughtful and I will certainly share my winnings  (perhaps the pot at the end of that rainbow) with her. 

 Remember the wonderful large pile of balancing rocks created by unknown persons?  I believe it was made sometime last year when I was here.  Well, someone complained to the City that it was a safety hazard and I was there to watch the employee make short work of demolishing the amazing structure.  

What took many, many hours to construct by many, many people, took only a few minutes by one person with a crow bar to destroy.  This is how it looks today.  Sad. I guess some people feel they are not responsible for or are unable to control their actions.  So, the rest of us have had this incredible piece of art removed from our view.  Millie and I have great discussions about this issue.

And then we are graced with a lovely Great Blue Heron at the waters edge who stood very still while I did my best at capturing his/her elegance.  They appear so stately and royal and are such a joy to see.  Thank you, Universe!!!





To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Belated!!!
Happy Birthday, Matt!
Happy Birthday, Shea!
Happy Birthday, Ryan!
Happy Birthday, Jeannie!
Happy Birthday, Deanne
Happy Birthday, Cindi!

Upcoming!!!
Happy Birthday, Cara!
Happy Birthday, Jennifer!
Happy Birthday, Erin!
Happy Birthday, Kelly!
Happy Birthday, Mary!
Happy Birthday, Debi!




The only limits you have
are the limits you believe!
Dr, Wayne Dyer



 Enjoy you being limitless!

No comments:

Post a Comment