Tuesday, April 22, 2014

- EARTH DAY -



Early morning and a glowing Morro Rock from the sun shinning through the clouds in between the rain drops.  This was such a beautiful morning several weeks ago and it is easy to keep coming back to the pictures I took that morning as I was in awe at the beautiful spectacle.  This helps me keep a good perspective as we are now having foggy mornings.  

There is little to see in the fog though it can create some very interesting views.  It is quite fun to watch the fog move in and out of the harbor area.  Sometimes it just hangs around the Rock in strange ways and other times there is a huge bank of it which can be seen out in the ocean, just waiting to make its way onshore.  

Sometimes it is dense and damp, and develops droplets of moisture on eyelashes and such and leaving one damp and wet after a walk.  And yet other times it is a little higher and the dampness fails to lower thus allowing one to be dry upon returning home from a walk.  Always a mystery.

The movies that are created sometimes use fog to lend an atmosphere of mystery.  Bad guys, scary beings, night time, graveyards and suspense many times are shrouded in fog.  So, I am all for seeing fog as a way of viewing things.  It can hide or put things out of focus, the things we may not be ready to see.  It can, as it lifts and disperses, slowly reveal a hidden item, treasure or gift.  

So, today is Earth Day.  A day to celebrate and honor the planet we live on and all its inhabitants and to remember to take good care of it as it is the only one we have.  The saying of Chief Seattle is scattered throughout the internet today:  "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."  

I have discovered my 4:00 in the morning wake up bird is a Mocking Bird who has a great many songs to sing.  He/she is very good and most of the songs are lovely to hear.  It is quite comical though when she/he imitates the sounds a Woodpecker makes as it pecks away on a tree.  This definitely causes me to smile.  One can definitely tell it is something other than a real Woodpecker.

I have, on many occasions, been greeted by a Hummingbird buzzing me as I open my door in the mornings.  It stops me in my tracks as the bird hovers deciding where to go.  They are amazing to watch as they dart all over the back yard, which is really my front yard.  Once I get more settled I will take pictures of my new little home.

I am currently pet sitting Kirby, the Corgi.  He is an older dog with special needs which requires picking him up to get outside to do business.  He is completely sweet and puts up  with all of my attention.  He loves laying out on the deck so he can soak in the fresh air.  He sleeps a lot yet knows everything that is going on.  He'll be here probably a week while his person recovers from surgery.  I know he will be glad to be home.

Tomorrow I am taking the motor home to the RV park so I can hook up to water and power and I can do a final clean.  Then someone is coming to look at it that afternoon.  Depending on how that turns out, I will take it to several dealers to see who will give me the fairest price.  Considering its age, it is in great condition.

I will be a bit sad to part with my home on wheels.  It has been a wonderful part of my adventure over these past almost two years.  It has provided shelter, a means for getting from one location to another, a place to fix my meals, entertain, relax and sleep.  It is far easier to drive than I would have imagined, for which I am very grateful. 

I have a few things to do on the outside today which do not need water or power to accomplish.  The sun is shining and it is predicted to be windy, so I best get to it.  I still need to keep an eye on Kirby.  So, on with the day.

Hello to my readers in Moldova!!!








To All Those Celebrating, 
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Jennifer!
Happy Birthday, Kelly!
Happy Birthday, Erin! 
Happy Birthday, Elida!
Happy Birthday, Katie!
Happy Birthday, Kim!
Happy Birthday, Mary!
Happy Birthday, Scott!
Happy Birthday, Danielle!
Happy Birthday, Debi!



"In every walk with nature
one receives far more
than he seeks."
John Muir



Enjoy your earth!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this blog entry :) So true about the fog and what it hides and reveals.... loved the chief seattle quote too.... happy earth day miss roe!

    ReplyDelete