Sunday, April 27, 2014

- MIRACLES ALL AROUND -



Where to begin?  So much is happening in such a short span it is almost difficult to keep track of everything.  I think I will start with the best news ever.  A dear friend who was diagnosed with cancer last fall is now cancer free!  Recovery is continuing and I ask all of you to continue to keep her in your prayers.  I thank each and every one of you for all the prayers you offered when I asked way back then.

I also know two other people here in Morro Bay that are each in their own healing process from cancer and leukemia.  I see all these people as inspirations and being very strong and courageous souls.  I feel privileged to know them and I am so grateful they have come into my life.

About a week ago I was walking back home from the RV park and had to stop in the middle of the sidewalk and gaze at the amazing view of the ocean and harbor as the sun was shining on both.  There were wispy clouds, a glow in the air and a gentle breeze as I soaked it in for at least five minutes.  Gratitude again filled me for being here.  I am so fortunate to experience all this joy and so very often.

Since I am about to list my RV for sale I realized I would need the pink slip.  There were two boxes I had put in the closet to go through at some later time.  Well, the time came because I needed the slip.  I had to remove almost all the other items I had shoved into the closet to get to the two boxes, one of which I thought would contain the document in question.

Well, no such luck with discovering the slip, however, what I did come across was incredibly special.  I came  across all of the cards of sympathy and well wishes from friends which I received when my Mom passed in 2010.  I gently handled each one, reading the printed words and the added personal thoughts and wishes of the senders.

Each one was uplifting and well thought out.  Their words were chosen carefully and  were meant to bring peace to my heart.  They were all so special and personal and each card brought back wonderful memories of their caring and thoughtfulness.  I even received a card with personal wishes from each of the four friends at my bank.  

This was a special discovery that brought back special feelings of love and warmth and caring.  Had I not been looking for something else and thinking it was in one of those boxes, I would have missed this blessing.  Thank you to all who shared themselves with me at that time.  Thank you, Universe, for giving me the opportunity to relish in the love, warmth and caring from dear friends!


So, there I sat, with near panic setting in because the pink slip was still eluding me.  Where could I have put it?  There was only a two month period between when I purchased the motor home and when I left Auburn on my Adventure.  I have changed things around so much, it could have been just about anywhere.

There was only one thing to do.  Say a prayer to St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost items.

     "Tony, Tony, look around, 
      something is lost and must be found."

I let it go and figured it would show up eventually.  It took about fifteen minutes.  And then, I was looking in my scheduling calendar book and found myself going in the back where there is a pocket to stick things in and, low and behold, there it was, right where I had put it in August of 2012.  

I immediately thanked St. Anthony and smiled the rest of the evening.  More and more I am realizing that everything is perfect and is all taken care of when we simply trust that it is so.  I also realize that responses to my requests and wonderment are occurring much more quickly now.

I am aware that when someone comes to mind, who has been out of my thoughts for a while, there is a reason.  I will either hear from them in a short time or I will contact them only to have them say they were about to contact me.  I love life.  It is so much fun seeing how life plays out its amazing plan.

Tomorrow Kirby, the Corgi, goes home to his person.  Her surgery was successful and she is ready to have her friend home.  Chris and I had our challenges as Kirby became an escape artist by wiggling out of his splint twice.  He is in a make shift splint that hopefully will hold until tomorrow.  He is one amazing little dog with a huge presence and spirit.  He is always good to have around.

This was a near perfect weather weekend for the kite festival.  It was a great day to wash and then hang sheets out on the line.  Sun dried sheets and pillow cases are some of my favorite things.  Now, as evening approaches, the fog is rolling onshore.  The predictions are for mid seventies all week with clear skies day and night.  Did I mention that I love living here?  





To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Suzette!
Happy Birthday, Debi!
Happy Birthday Carrie!
Happy Birthday, Patty!
Happy Birthday, Nellie!
Happy Birthday, Kristi!
Happy Birthday, Janina!



"It may be
that the satisfaction I need
depends on my going away,
so that when I've gone
and come back,
I'll find it at home."
Rumi



Does this fit or what?

Enjoy your home!


1 comment:

  1. I just love your attitude on life and how you know and trust the universe and how you find the beauty in everything! You've inspired me so much since the first day I met you and I am thankful for that :) Sending prayers to your friends...

    ReplyDelete