Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Everything is Clean!

We had a wonderful rain yesterday which cleaned the air, trees, plants, roads, etc.  It started to sprinkle off and on early in the morning and then about 11:00am it poured for several hours.  A good ground soaking rain.  Then the wind came up and shook tons of flowers from the Catalpa tree.  (Well, maybe not tons of flowers)  Once the flowers get wet they shrivel very quickly.  Those left on the trees will also shrivel and fall.  That is just the way it is.  This morning it is so clear and beautiful with a few left over clouds floating around and a crisp 51 degrees.  I can skip watering for several days. Yay!  


Thanks to Bill and Jill I had baked fresh bass for dinner last night.  A little dill and lemon juice made for tasty eating.  Yummm.  I think fresh fish is one of my favorite things to eat, though ice cream runs a very close second.  I discovered years ago that if I have an upset stomach, slowly eating vanilla ice cream calms things down almost immediately.    I probably need to do more research on the health benefits of eating ice cream.  For now it is pure pleasure.


I have added Chaco Canyon, New Mexico as a place to experience once I am on the road.   Hopefully that will be fall or spring.  There are many places that beg for spring or fall visits.  It will be interesting to see how this will all come together.  Once I have wheels and determine my departure date I will have a better idea of where to go first.  I suspect Morro Bay, California will be my first stop, so I can see dear friends before venturing forth.  I so enjoy the Central Coast of California.  I think, at this time, it will probably be my final resting spot when all is said and done.


There are a few motor homes I intend to look at this week.  A young friend who restores old cars and trucks has agreed to examine potential RV's for me to make sure that what I am considering is sound and  travel ready.  What a peace of mind this is for me.  I prefer to look it over first to make sure the roof is free from water leaks, and the home part of the vehicle is something I could live in comfortably, before dragging him all over to look at  something that is initially unacceptable to me.  Thanks, Bryan.


So, getting on with my day....right now that is breakfast.


Enjoy the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment