Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Mugs

Here is a picture of the four mugs/cups I am planning to take with me on my Adventure.  The first one is a Happy Birthday cup my Mom gave me many years ago.  The second one is from a good friend in Morro Bay, California.  The third one is from a dear friend of almost 40 years.  And the last mug is one my niece, Jen, made for me.  Obviously I will probably use only one at a time, though it seems important to take all of these special drinking vessels with me.

RV hunting has been interesting and continues to be informative.  Test driving units, stepping inside some, only to immediately turn around and step back outside due to a foreign smell.  I have talked with some interesting owners and/or sales people, that have made me feel nervous.  The "as is, no warranty" stickers at dealerships makes one look very closely at every aspect of the unit.  Some sales people tell you something one day and then tell you something different a few days later.  Imagine that!  This is a most curious experience and process.  One day the perfect unit will present itself and then, watch out!  I will be on the road.

I failed to get a picture of the sunset last night.  There were some high cirrus clouds that, due to the smog in the valley, turned various shades of orange. The colors continued to intensify as the sun slowly went down.   It appeared as though the sky was on fire.  It was beautiful though felt a bit strange.  I imagine the people in all of the states where wild fires are burning are seeing a lot of this. Good thoughts and prayers to them.  We have had some rather hot weather.  A bank sign showed 109 degrees in Roseville yesterday.  Yikes!!!  I just spoke with my niece in Maine this morning and she was enjoying much cooler temperatures.  May have to go visit her very soon.  Alright, where are my wheels?

I finally put the oil radiator heaters away for the summer and have all the fans, including two window fans, up, in place and running.  Between the one window air conditioner and all the fans circulating the air, the inside of my house stays very comfortable.  The window fans are great for pulling in the cool night air, and then reversing and blowing out the warm inside air during the day.  A great invention.  I simply need to stay inside on the crazy hot days.  (Except to periodically go outside to move the watering hose around on the lawn,)

I continue to go through things and recently removed all of my family pictures that I had placed on one side of my refrigerator.  I also have a collection of various decorative magnet,s that had honored space on the refrigerator, which I removed as well.  So, now I have this big white refrigerator which to me looks naked.  I suspect that this whole little house will look that way eventually as I remove items I have sold and rearrange things until they do.  It is just this amazing process of purging and shifting and eliminating stuff.  And a lot of it is just that.  Stuff!  The special things, pictures, gifts, momentos, etc., will be carefully packed and stored for a future time.  The funny thing is I actually have two boxes I had not looked into for awhile, and when I did,it  brought back many happy memories of other people, places and times.  Very sweet.....

Time to move the water sprinkler.  

Enjoy your drinking vessel!

No comments:

Post a Comment