Friday, May 17, 2013

- ELEPHANT SEALS & LIFE -

Juvenile elephant seals practicing their fighting skills.


It seems, at times, that life is full of surprises.  We think we are in control and can plan and schedule and project, only to find out that we are so far from in control that it is laughable.

All huddled together.
 It has been a week since I have been on the computer and very out of any kind of routine I thought I might have had.  I had gotten used to sitting at the table in my RV while writing, with all of my supplies close at hand.  Though, I have been doing things differently, which they say keeps the brain aware and perhaps even grows new brain cells.  That would be nice.

Can you count the elephant seals?
So, I am giving it all up.  I will do my best to just go with the flow and where the wind blows.  To simply let life lead me and direct me to where I am best to be.  It is a lot less stressful and much more enjoyable.

I am actually enjoying all of the go with the flow things lately.  I am grateful my friend has discovered her heart is in excellent condition and she is free to fly.  I am glad I have had time to share with my son and daughter-in-law.  We have been sanding, painting, moving things around, shopping for accents, and basically redecorating their entire home (with exception of the office).

Elephant seals as far as the eye can see.

Millie and I discovered an amazing chick pea hummus at the Whole Foods and Fountains Center, Farmers Market in Roseville.  It is fresh artichoke with lemon and dill.  We used it to go with our grilled salmon, grilled vegetables and sour dough bread and it was amazing.  We are so fortunate to be able to enjoy the bountiful local foods.  A total YUM!

Elephant seal peaceful beach.
I am looking forward to spending a bit of time in Auburn next week and catching up with some friends. It was January since I have seen most of them and I am excited to learn how all of them are in the present.  I will probably eat too much in the process, so, oh well!

Machado's will be opening tomorrow, Saturday, May 18th, and the main fare will be fresh picked CHERRY'S!!!  Fresh baked fresh cherry pie!!!  And all the other goodies they are known for offering.  It will be good to see the Machado balloon again floating high above the store to announce they are open.  If you are unable to spy the balloon, just let your nose guide the way.

Elephant seals resting in calm weather.
From there it seems I will head to Winters, CA and an RV resort for a few days and then perhaps a few nights on the delta.  I now prefer to look ahead only a short time so I can continue to be able to stop and smell the roses, jasmine, lantana, sweet peas and all the other lovely fragrant parts of nature I so love.

Elephant seals appear as logs on the beach.
Fairly soon most of the schools will be out for the summer.  Everyone will attempt to have a vacation away from home and discover things new for them.  Catch some rays, relax while reading, swimming, boating, rafting, and all sorts of other activities.  May all of you be safe and happy in your travels.  Which reminds me, the woman from Canada I met in Morro Bay has finished her journey and is home in her part of Canada.  Her last account said she had a wonderful experience and is glad to be home again.

I have been enjoying the cooler temperatures since when I arrived it was in the way upper 90's.  We had a titch of rain yesterday and the nights have been perfect for sleeping.  I am very grateful for the fluctuations of temperatures as I seem to struggle with very hot weather.  So, until Monday when the temps are predicted to be mid 90's, I am extremely happy with the more moderate weather.  This will have an influence on the direction I travel next.

These Elephant Seal pictures are the courtesy of Gaytrell.  They were taken on the same day we went to Hearst Castle and I had forgotten my picture taking device.  I recently acquired a camera and expect to be able to have more clear pictures from now on.  This is, of course, once I become comfortable using it and transferring pictures to the blog.  Wish me luck!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO ALL THOSE BIRTHDAYS MISSED
AND TO THOSE TO COME IN THE NEXT WEEK
AND TO THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE
A BIRTHDAY WISH JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT!    


Morro Rock can create its own weather.

"The Bluebird carries the sky on its back!"
- Henry David Thoreau

Enjoy your sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment