Saturday, November 30, 2013

- DEPARTING SOON -



I have been in this amazing place for almost two months.  I am amazed at what it has given me and how I have grown and changed with the magic of the trees and the ocean.  I feel as though I could stay here forever, growing old and being content with all that is around me.

I have discovered that all of my needs are met.  That I am living happily and fulfilled with what I have.  I am able to simply be.  My perspective on some things has shifted quite a bit.   I am so much more at peace with many things.

I suspect my biggest test will be when I am back among the crowds of the larger cities and the hustle and bustle of everyone scurrying about with their daily lives.  Will I be able to stay in my own self while in the mayhem?  We shall see.

The past five or six days have been absolutely amazing here.  Crystal clear sunny days that beg one to walk to the beach or overlook and sit and commune with nature.  I love this time of year when nature slows down readying for the winter rest.  Even the critters are less visible as they prepare for this annual occurrence.


Here, on the northern coast of California, the few deciduous trees are bare and bracing themselves for what is to come.  The evergreens and the redwoods are standing tall and strong knowing what to expect.  Nature knows the change is in process and does what it knows to do.  I am watching and marveling at the shift occurring.

Soon I will be on my way to the Sacramento and Auburn areas with lots of activities and adventures to be had.  A hair cut is definitely in order and visiting with family and friends will fill the days I stay,


Morro Bay is then next on the list for a time and then heading a bit south and east, I think.  There are a few areas I am looking forward to visiting that are mild during the winter months.  We shall see.

For now, it is walking to the beach, pier, fudge shop (which I probably forgot to mention), grocery store, ocean overlook, and along the short streets of this tiny town.   And simply taking in as much as possible before I start the drive back towards civilization.  


I listen to the calls of the ravens as I go, being aware of any messages they may have for me.  I admire the very different mushrooms growing that I am certain are not for eating.  I notice the ground has dried out since the last rain over a week ago.  

I can sit on a bench at the ocean overlook and soak in the rays of the sun.  I can walk the ocean beach and meander the many paths to and from the ocean shores.  I can say hello to all I pass by and encounter along my walks.

It is all so simple, saying hello to new people  and having a chat with those visiting from other areas and countries.  Smiling at a homeless person on the corner and receiving a smile in return.  How have I become so fortunate to receive all this abundance?  I am so blessed!

My Christmas cactus was in beautiful full bloom for the Thanksgiving celebration.  We shared a dinner with about fifty guests in the park and enjoyed stellar weather with all.  Everything is so amazing and wonderful.  









To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Neil!
Happy Birthday, Linn!
Happy Birthday, Michele!
Happy Birthday, Eric!





"Being Indian is an attitude,
a state of mind,
a way of being in harmony
with all things and all beings.
It is allowing the heart
to be the distributor on this planet,
to allow feelings and sensitivities,
to determine where energy goes,
bringing aliveness
up from the Earth
and from the Sky,
putting it in and giving it out
from the heart."
 - Brooke Medicine Eagle



Enjoy your heart!

2 comments: