Saturday, November 2, 2013

A RAVEN ASSISTS



Several days ago I was walking through the back tent section of the Emerald Forest.  It was sunny, clear and cool and a perfect day to visit this area.

I became aware of something following me above and calling to me as I progressed.  Then this huge raven began flying closer to where I was moving.  It's callings at first fascinated me as I was very curious why it kept coming closer.

I took some pictures of the forest and how the light plays through the trees and began to retrace my steps.  As I did, the raven followed me and I had a sense of urgency from the bird.  I turned around and looked at it perched on a branch and felt I needed to leave the area.

Once I was probably about fifty feet from where the raven had been perched, came the sound of a tree limb breaking and falling to the ground.  I turned around and went back to were a broken branch lay in several pieces on the forest floor.  It was where I had passed just a minute before.  The raven was gone.

So, I thanked the raven (out loud, though out of sight) for acting as my guardian angel and guiding me away from possible harm.  I have added this bird to one of many experiences of protection that I have been blessed with throughout my life.  Always amazing!

After the fog, we had several days of sunshine and cooler temperatures and then a little rain last night and this morning.  The forest is now clean and fresh and the sun is filtering through the trees again.  The greens are more green and the tree trunks and frowns on the ground seem refreshed.  Absolutely beautiful.


I find it also beautiful in the evenings when the sun is shining through the trees with a very warm glow just before setting.  It appears as if there are sparks of fire in the trees.  It is a very comforting feeling that seems to warm my soul.

Training and working in the park office has consumed quite a bit of my time though I still make my walks to the beach, pier and town.  I am getting to know a few of the locals, and especially this woman, whose name is Joan (same as my Mom), and she has the most wonderful entry door with a ship with masts adorning the front.  I admire it every time I pass.

Two nights ago I was awakened by coyotes (some say wolves) moving and vocalizing through the park.  It is rather calming and exciting at the same time.  Others have seen deer on the property, so this appears to be a very thriving environment.  Especially when one adds the gnomes, elves and fairies making this place their home.

We change our clocks tonight and I am grateful the mornings will be lighter again, even if for a short time.  This gives me a chance to adjust.  I could go on an on with a tirade about my dissatisfaction of the whole time change thing, however, I think I did so last year, (and nothing changed) so I will let it rest.  (I think you know how I feel anyway!)

There are flowers continuing to bloom and provide color to this beautiful area.  There are bushes in one yard that have tree type leaves and are a stunning bright combination of all the awesome fall colors.  

People have become very creative with their plantings here and many are quite lovely.  It is the first of November though according to the flower blossoms, one might think it was summer.


I am having fun here and enjoying the redwoods and ocean in such close proximity.  I am very blessed for the opportunity to spend time here and when I do move on, this will always have a special place in my heart and soul.  I am very grateful for this experience.





To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Dart!
Happy Birthday, Geri!
Happy Birthday, Sue!
Happy Birthday, Beth!



"Civilization has been thrust
upon me...and it has not added
one whit to my love for truth,
honesty, and generosity..."
- Chief Luther Standing Bull
  Oglala Sioux

Enjoy your love for.....!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Miss R-
    I must say that God's heavenly angels protected you wonderfully as I have been in prayer for you and all the others that live in the redwoods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I am always grateful to be in others prayers. Bless you! Roe

    ReplyDelete