Friday, October 25, 2013

- TRINIDAD 4 -



Ah, the Emerald Forest!  This truly is a beautiful and magical forest.  There are twelve acres with redwoods throughout the RV, cabin and tent areas.  The tent area is most magical as there is little traffic this time of year and the forest is undisturbed.  It feels as though the gnomes, elves and elementals are all around and free to do what they do.  I am very fortunate for the time I have here.

Fog has been the order of the past several days with spurts of sunshine here and there.  I will bring out my full spectrum light to make certain that I get enough light during these non sunshine days.  Having experienced S.A.D. in the past, I need to be diligent about this issue.  It is amazing how quickly depression can sneak in and get you before you realize there is anything wrong.  

My training here at the park has been good, though I feel I have been slow in getting some of it.  It has been a long time since I have needed to learn these kinds of details.  I am just wanting to make sure the guests feel welcomed and that the process takes as little time as possible, since many are tired and hungry from their journey here.  So far, it is good.

It has also been a bit colder than I am used to.  I am running a heater quite a bit of the time.  Part of this is because of the dampness and especially with the recent fog.  Once that clears it will be dryer.  Then, of course, the rain will be arriving eventually.  That will be a whole different element with the dirt and trees.  It definitely will be very interesting on learning ways to keep it on the outside of my little home rather than tracking it inside.  I am certainly in a learning curve with many things right now.

It has been several days since I have been able to get to the beach and my usual walk through the little town.  I am expecting tomorrow, Saturday, will be a good time since I will be off from training until next Wednesday.  Until I am more confident with working in the office, I have found it challenging to take the time to venture very far away.  This will all change as I learn more about all of the workings here.  That will be nice.

So, back to the trees.  There are some very old ones here and some stumps that are over five hundred years old.  They are so amazing.  Often I feel a tingling in the top of my head as I focus on them and meander through them.  The placement of the cabins as been done with respect for the trees.  Some of the cabins are tucked away and almost completely private from others. 

There are twenty cabins and almost all are different in what they offer and how they are decorated.  Most of them have pine walls and floors.  There is a meeting/celebration building for people to rent for parties, family reunions and/or cooking large meals.  I have been told that this park is usually booked full all summer.  So, if you are so inclined, best to call and book space now for next summer.

There is also a good recycling effort in the park and places to deposit them throughout.  They have some flowers still growing though I suspect it is only a matter of time before they go dormant for the winter.  And there is a young couple with a three month old little boy, who are helping out with the outside work.  All in all, things are great.  Still unsure how long I will be here.



To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Flory!
Happy Birthday, Julie!
Happy Birthday, Debbie!
Happy Birthday, Sue!

"Even if you live forty
or fifty years in this world,
and then die, 
you cannot take 
all your goods with you."
- Chief Red Cloud
  
Enjoy this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment