Wednesday, October 16, 2013

- TRINIDAD 2 -



I have extended my stay here in Trinidad!  The RV park I am in is filled with redwood trees, and the small cones that fall and land on the roof of my little home make a sound that one could easily mistake for boulders crashing down.  I was startled at first until I figured out the cause. It is a rather shady park though the sun filtering through the trees is lovely and I do get some direct sun in the afternoons.

sea stacks
I have walked into town almost every day and each time it has been a bit warmer and completely clear with a slight breeze.  Yesterday was stellar!  I had some bodywork done, which was great, and then sat and watched the ocean ebb and flow and listened to the sounds of the waves on the shore.  I am really wanting to stay here a while.

notice the shiny mauve one
There are several good places to eat and several more to check out.  I am getting good reviews from the locals.  Everyone is so friendly.  Since there is only one road down to the beaches and pier, I walk past the same houses every day.  At one house a man is trimming some very tall hedges between his and his neighbors house.  He waves to me on my way down the hill and on my way back up the hill.  Yesterday he introduced himself.  And then there is the construction guy who is continually walking back and forth to his truck for tools.  We have chatted a bit


And as I came around a corner this woman, hose in hand, exclaimed as she hadn't seen me and almost sprayed me with water.  We laughed and chatted and before long I was in her back yard admiring her amazing waterfall, awesome landscaping and sweet koi pond which held some rather large fish.  I almost felt that if we chatted any longer I would be enjoying dinner with her and her husband.  Delightful woman.

Yesterday a spent at least half an hour chatting with a man, learning that he and his wife, originally from San Diego,  have been in Trinidad for fifteen years.  He told me a lot about the area and suggested things to do should I choose to stay here any length of time.  Listening to him, I discovered they have acreage not far from the RV park where I an staying.

The drinking water is clean and good and without threat of having it be diverted to southern California.  This is a health conscious community with local grass fed beef, organic almost everything and a major recycling effort in place.  So, add to that the fragrance of the redwoods and the ocean, this truly is one of the places I could call home.  Now I just need to investigate the year round weather conditions.  I keep hearing people say that once it starts to rain, it just continues to rain.  This might be an issue considering my need for sun.

I just learned last evening, from one of the camp hosts here that they are in need of another camp host.  Apparently there are several other hosts that were scheduled to arrive by now that have yet to do so.  I will chat with the manager and see what their situation is and rather or not this might be a good fit for a while.  Very interesting.

I have enjoyed hummingbirds, bees, tiny birds, songbirds, a wedding on the beach, a couple from Texas, heard an owl last night, and lots of dogs.  Sun, sand and the sea are the order of the days I have witnessed.  I am in my element and feeling so blessed to have this experience. 




To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Andrea Lu!



"It does not require many words
to speak the truth."
- Chief Joseph

Enjoy your truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment