Saturday, October 5, 2013

- PORT ORFORD, AGAIN! -





I had a beautiful drive down Hwy 101 along the Oregon Coast and could have stopped at so many places.  I did stop at a few just to take in the awesome beauty of the area.  It was clear, sunny and almost warm.  I actually had to remove my sweatshirt and put on a lighter shirt in order to be more comfortable. 

When I arrived in Port Orford it was clear which was very different than when I was here heading north in July.  Then it was overcast with fog and rather cool and grey.  Yesterday it was completely lovely.  I checked out the beach area and returned to one of the nicest RV parks in which I have stayed.  Tim and Cindy, the owners, are still here doing all they can to keep their home and park clean and inviting.  And doing an excellent job!

They have a few flowers still blooming and they weathered the storms well.  I would like to stay longer though I also want to continue south along the California coast to see family and friends.  Next stop is back to Klamath River in California.  They will be closing the RV park at the end of October because it is just to rainy and wet and cold.  I believe they reopen in April.

I am shifting again and wanting to search out other areas I have yet to see.  I am still looking into camp hosting and other things to participate in while out seeing the country.  There are so many thoughts running through my head and I am having fun attempting to sort them out and make some kind of sense of them all.

I won't have cell service in Klamath so this is just a quick update of how things are in the moment.  I had a great time in Florence and reconnected with Michelle.  We enjoyed a great dinner together and walked the waterfront afterwards.  I purchased a couple of scones from Sweet Magnolia's and I am set for a little while.  

Here in Port Orford last night it was clear and there were stars for days.  (Actually, nights)  Depending where one is on the coast, stars can be difficult to see.  Sometimes it is the fog or marine layer or simply too many lights in the area.  Last night was perfect and stars were plentiful to see.  It was calm and mild and absolutely lovely.

I am so grateful for what I am doing and all that I am getting to experience.  I feel so fortunate to meet all the amazing people who are from so many different areas of this country and other countries.  I have received dog fixes from all sorts and many from breeds I have never seen nor heard of before.  It is all good and perfect.






To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Rose!
Happy Birthday, Jane!
Happy Birthday, Amee!


"How is it they live in such harmony
the billions of stars - 
when most men can barely go a minute without declaring war in their minds
about someone they know."
 - St. Thomas Aquinas

Enjoy your harmony!

No comments:

Post a Comment