Sunday, October 20, 2013

- TRINIDAD 3 -



Life is so full of surprises!  I will be working as a camp host here at the Emerald Forest Park in Trinidad for at least the next month.  There are several people expected to arrive to fill this position, that have been delayed.  So, I will help out until all have arrived and are settled into their respective duties.  I will be working in the office checking people in and out and also helping out on the grounds with light duties.  

I am excited to be here and have this opportunity.  I will learn the computer systems, which will aid me in the event I want to do this in the future at other RV parks.  There are adorable cabins here, as well, which are a part of the Rodeway Inn Company.  I will work a minimum of fifteen hours for my RV spot and any hours over that are paid.  Definitely a great deal.

This way, I will be staying in the redwood forest with the availability of being at the beach every day.  I'll get plenty of exercise walking back and forth to the beach, as well as, the outside grounds work in the park.  Very awesome.  I am certain this is going to be a great experience.

There is a young couple with a three month old that have just started working here and they will provide me with any transportation I might need with going into Arcata for fresh organic produce and into Eureka and the Natural Co-Op for supplies.  Sweet couple.  He is from England and she is from Arizona.  They love it here in Trinidad and feel this is a dream come true for them. 

We all went to the farmer's market in Arcata yesterday and what a wonderful mix of people, cultures, ages, etc.  There was music, people doing yoga, adults and children doing hula hoops, others practicing balancing poses and so much more.  I think everyone felt at home and there was a huge sense of community and peacefulness. 

The entire scene reminded me of the 60's and Berkeley, California and all of the hippie's.  It is said that all things repeat, and this is definitely one of them.  I failed to actually be a part of all of what occurred with the 60's, so this was a wonderful thing to behold.  I doubt I will be an active part of all that it is now, however, it is great to see and experience it as I choose.

We have had fog off and on the past several days.  A few mornings and evenings it has been rather cold when I could actually see my breath in the air.  Fortunately I have lots of appropriate clothing and such so I am very comfortable.  There are lots of redwood tree droppings on the grounds around the park which will be a good asset for when it is raining and keeping the mud at bay. 



To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Pat!
Happy Birthday, Jennifer!
Happy Birthday, Jan!
Happy Birthday, Karin!
Happy Birthday, Jeannie!



"Love is the real work of your life.
It is your spiritual path...
...It is the key
to your growth and evolution."
- Robert Holden 
Loveability

Enjoy your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment