Saturday, October 12, 2013

- TRINIDAD -



I ended up staying a full week in Klamath.  I spent a few days under the weather and the extra time made it much easier for me to travel today.  Klamath is such a peaceful and calm area.  I could have stayed longer though they would be kicking me out the end of the month anyway since they close for the year.

My drive from Klamath to Trinidad was beautiful.  Part of it goes along the ocean where the crashing surf is visible and the evergreens are all around.  They line the highway and cover the hills along the way.  Then I came around a curve and there they were, hundreds and hundreds of pampas grass in  bloom.  Most of them were a sand color and then they all seemed to turn to the pale mauve shades.

Pampas grass at Trinidad
These grass blooms were everywhere around me on the hill sides of the road and the morning sun was shining through them.  It was absolutely magical and breath taking.  I felt as though I had driven into a wonderland.  There was no where to pull over so I had to continue driving as I passed through this special place of Mother Nature.  What a treat!

So, I am finally here.  I have wanted to visit Trinidad for more years than I can remember.  Ahhh!  How nice it is to be able to wander the few streets of this tiny little slice of heaven.  The weather was perfect as I meandered my way to the pier and the Seascape Restaurant.  I had a great meal and people watched and then observed as the wind started to come up.  Took some pictures and soaked in all the elements of the area.

And flowers!  Oh my gosh, one would think it was spring.  The RV park where I am staying has a whole garden of dahlias in all sorts of colors, shapes and sizes.  They were also blooming in yards all over town, along with Lantana, Rosemary, Bougainvillea, and several flowers unfamiliar to me.  It was great.  Sort of a transport back in seasons.  I love the coast.  One just never knows what one may see at any time.  

This lovely town has about 360 people who all seem to be happy living and working here.  Everyone I encountered on my brief venture was warm and friendly and helpful.  Before I walked to town I had stopped at another RV park on my way and checked it out for maybe staying a few additional nights.  The gentleman who helped me was very kind in suggesting  where I would find the sunniest spot in the park.  I will check in there tomorrow for a few nights before traveling on.  This will give me a little extra time to truly enjoy this special place.

After enjoying the pier and beach I went to the local grocery store and purchased a few necessities.  As I stepped out of the store I first felt the moisture on my face.  Then there was more moisture and this time on my head and drops appearing on the pavement.  It was clear, rain was beginning and I still had a mile walk back to the RV park. 

I pulled my sweatshirt hood up and over my head and began my trek in the rain. I had only gone a half of a block when a truck pulled over towards me.  The door opened and here was the man who had been so helpful at the RV park I checked out earlier.  He was doing an errand and saw me and offered to drive me back to the park where I was currently staying.  What a relief to have a ride and feeling very grateful for this nice knight in shinning armor.  It stopped raining about a minute after I arrived back at my little home.  Go figure.




To all those celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Karen!
Happy Birthday, Michelle!


Welcome Home, Tim and Darlene!


"All things share the same breath -
the beast, the tree, the man...
the air shares its spirit
with all the life it supports."
- Chief Seattle

Enjoy your breath!


No comments:

Post a Comment