Wednesday, November 20, 2013

- REFLECTIONS -



I am fascinated at how time is moving so quickly.  I feel as though I have less time on the computer and hence, less blog time.  I am only spending fifteen hours a week working in the office, so I am wondering where the rest of the hours go.  

When I take my walks to town and the beach, this utilizes wonderful time and walking to the overlook of the ocean and sea stacks is marvelous.  I am certain it all works out and I will simply allow it to be.  Not much else I can do.

I have become very aware that here I feel immensely peaceful.  I feel as though I could simply stay here, become covered  over in moss and that would be that.  Life has become even more simple, which I thought was impossible.  Yet here I am with a need for absolutely nothing.  Other than a hair cut!  Major bush woman thing going on.

I have been given the opportunity to observe and relax in the redwood forest and meander through it in awe of its majestic presence.  Each time I venture in I feel even a greater sense of calm and peacefulness.  Perhaps this is why I have always enjoyed the places where the ocean and the redwoods come together.  Muir Woods is another one of these most wonderful places.  Few though they are, they are amazing to me.

My small Christmas cactus has three buds on it and I suspect it may bloom next week.  That will be the first time this cactus has done so in years.  It is completely root bound and needs to be repotted badly.  I will tend to this once it has finished blooming.  I am excited for both.

So, the mice issue seems to be resolved.  We set some traps with only one catch.  I kept the lights on in the rear of my home (which is where they were coming in) and put foil around everywhere.  I did a lot of stuffing holes with steel wool and so it is a big hooray for now.

The property owner from Colorado arrived a few days ago with a cat.  It used to belong to his nephew who could no longer keep it where he lives.  He took it to his parents (the property owners sister) at that time.  Amazing how parents seem to acquire many critters from their adult children.  

The cat has spent the past three nights in my home and has been seen wandering the grounds during the day.  She hangs out around the office and sits on window sills to see all that is going on outside.  She is definitely a people cat.  Tonight will be her first test by being left outside until she calls to be let in.  Hopefully I can be brave enough to allow this to happen.  I can be too much of a softy sometimes.

She has been up on the office roof, the bath house roof and several cabin roofs.  She appears to be adjusting to this completely different environment very well.  In Colorado she was a mouser, so she will have lots to do to earn her stay here.  I suspect she will be a great addition to the forest.

Unless there are changes that arise, I will be leaving here on December 1st or 2nd.  I will head to the Auburn and Sacramento areas and spend time at Millie's making cookie dough balls (finally, I have been out for months) and all sorts of other goodies for her family Christmas gatherings.  I will then spend about two weeks with Tim and Darlene and then back to Millie's.  I will then be in Auburn before heading to Morro Bay for a few months. 

I can feel Morro Bay calling me and I am looking forward to being back there and enjoying the central coast.  While I feel so peaceful here in Trinidad, I feel energized in Morro Bay.  Both have the same awesome Pacific Ocean yet very different energies.  I will do well with some energizing for a time.  Also looking forward to seeing friends there.

Here at the RV park/forest, the long awaited work campers arrived yesterday afternoon.  They have been doing this for many years and I imagine they will pick up everything quickly.  A very nice couple.  They had many delays on the way, with four flat tires at different times and transmission issues.  They are grateful to have finally arrived.

There is also a gentleman from Tennessee who arrived last week and has stepped into helping with the grounds work.  This is a completely new adventure for him and he is quite excited to simply be here.  I can totally relate.  So, I think by the time I am ready to depart, they will be staffed well to get them through to late spring, early summer.

I will be a bit sad to leave this area.  It has given me so much.  I do my best to thank the trees and surroundings every day for blessing me with this amazing experience.  I feel as though healing has occurred on some very deep levels and I have connected with some very wonderful people.  This is something I will always treasure.






To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Dotty!
Happy Birthday, Laura!
Happy Birthday, Megan!

Be Well, Sharon!





 "The goal of life
is to make your heartbeat
match the beat of the Universe,
to match your nature with NATURE."
- Joseph Campbell

Enjoy your nature!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment