Sunday, December 22, 2013

- MAGICAL CHRISTMAS -



What is it about Christmas lights that just causes one to smile?  It is such a simple thing that makes me feel happy and cozy inside.  I love driving around where there are streets filled with lights of all sorts of colors and shapes.

Everything from all white hanging down strands, multi colored globes and large round balls of lights, can be found as I traverse the streets this time of year.  Most people are cheerful and smiling and offer happy greetings to each other in honor of the season. 

There are those who are hurrying around doing last minute shopping and ordering and sending packages to others far away.  Most people are polite and courteous and going with the flow.  While others, well let's just say, are a bit stressed out, frustrated and perhaps a bit cranky.  Bless them all.

And then there are the smells.  It is difficult for me to restrain myself most of the year anyway, and then now there are all the traditional makings of pastries, breads, pies, candies and all sorts of other amazing seasonal offerings.  I suspect I gain a few extra pounds each time I see and smell any of these special goodies.  Totally unfair.  

I am much safer walking or driving the streets, talking with people and enjoying the visual beauty of the very creative people who put on a most wonderful display of what the season is for them. I am very grateful for their talents as I meander around.  For me, there truly is magic in the air and I filled with a tremendous sense of well being.

May each of you enjoy whatever this season is for you and may you experience whatever makes your heart sing.  I offer love, smiles, joy and peace to each of you this now!





Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


2 comments:

  1. =) Me and the peanut have been enjoying our nightly walk around the neighborhood and seeing the lights! We walk with you in spirit <33 We love and miss you! sending all our love and positive vibes your way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you Brittny! Hugs to each of you. Always in spirit. Love to each of you.

    ReplyDelete