Friday, December 6, 2013

- RAIN AND POSSIBLE WHITE STUFF -



We are not quite certain about the predictions for the weather here, though we are all best prepared for what may come our way.  Based on all the reports I've seen, most all of the areas where I have family and friends are dealing with cold temperatures and rain/snow.  Even Clovis, California. 


I am still in Trinidad and now the predicted departure is next Tuesday or Wednesday.  I am uncertain why I keep putting this out there because, as we all know by now, when I plan something, it changes.  I have gotten quite used to this and just keep breathing and going with the flow knowing I am exactly where I need to be. 

I am looking forward to all the food preparation and fun Millie and I have before the holidays, which, of course, includes taste testing and eating.  And Tim and Darlene have tickets for the three of us to see the Nut Cracker at the Sacramento Ballet.  I really want to be in the Sacramento area so I can enjoy all of these events.

So, until I get there, I am here, staying warm and dry and doing inventory in the small store at the RV park.  There are lots of things to be done here and I could stay for several more months to help catch things up to being level and balanced.  I'll do the best I can before I actually leave.

My little Christmas cactus is almost finished blooming (a total of three blooms) and I promise to transplant it into a larger pot early next year.  I would love to watch it bloom again.  It is a deep fuschia color which is difficult to capture with a camera.  This is one of my many favorite plants.

The cat has been in for two days due to the cold and rain.  She had finally started going up to the store again.  They actually had to boot her out the other night, although they may make a space for her to stay during the really cold nights.  She has a thick coat though I feel it is less than adequate on the cold night temperatures.

The local commercial fishermen have all of their crab pots ready for launch once the season opens for them.  Non commercial fishermen are doing their best to catch most of them before the larger boats, etc., have a go at it all.  It appears each person has their own nets with personal color choices, that, up close, are quite colorful to see.

I have not walked for the past several days because of the cold temperatures so I am unsure how the flowers are doing around town.  I hope to check them out before my departure.  They may be a bit worse for wear.  It was so nice to see them continuing to bloom into early December.

My last venture to the fudge shop presented a new flavor of the month.  Peppermint.  It is absolutely delicious and lovely to look at so I will be certain to buy more before I go.  Not everywhere has truly good fudge that is locally and hand made.  This one is a gem.

Mushrooms seem to be everywhere these past few weeks.  As soon as one shows up and breaks down, another one or more grow into view.  There are some very unusual looking ones here and are amazing to see in person.  I am certain they are completely inedible however they are very striking.





Please keep Sharon in your prayers!



Rest In Peace, Nelson Mandela!




To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Eric!
Happy Birthday, Marci!
Happy Birthday, Sam!
Happy Birthday, Diane!
Happy Birthday, David!
Happy Birthday, Aquinas!



"Let freedom reign!  
The sun never set 
on so glorious a human achievement."
- Nelson Mandela


Enjoy your freedom!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Roe, if your still there on Tuesday we might see you . We will be back for about a week before heading south

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed you. Left that morning for Sacramento and the holidays with family and friends. Keep in touch as I will be back in the area in the next few months. Have a wonderful Christmas and many blessings for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete