Friday, December 20, 2013

- NAPA CHRISTMAS -



Tim, Darlene and I are getting everything ready for our trip to Napa for Christmas.  Lots of food preparations and packing going on and snacking on everything, to make certain it is edible.  So far we are loving all that we are taking with us for our adventure to the wine country.

I spent a wonderful week with Millie making cookie dough balls and freezing them, making snow people out of styrofoam balls, getting her trees up, decorating the inside of her home, drinking port, eating chocolates from Belgium (and other places), picking up Wing Nuts ( a great trail mix sold at the Fountain's Farmer's Market), buying and eating a pizza from the wood cooked oven at the Market, purchasing lots of grocery items for goodies to make, and enjoying ourselves with all that was going on.

Millie's brothers are coming so I helped her to get the bedroom ready for use and to ready other things for her upcoming festivities.  I am certain all they do will be loads of fun and especially with her grandchildren, ages 11 and almost 9.  I go back to her home on New Year's day and we will do our best to clean and rearrange her home, getting it ready for whatever else may be coming.  We will also need to make sure all the left overs are either eaten or frozen for a later time.

Millie and I walked her neighborhood one evening looking at the outside decorations and enjoying the full moon that occurred on that night.  It was quite magical and a bit less cold than some of the other previous nights.  Of course, this called for more port and chocolate once we returned to the warmth of her home.  There are priorities.

I have done well with being in the midst of so many people since I was among so few for the past six months.  It almost feels as though I have been here all along and never left.  Though inside I am a bit different and more at peace and very grateful for the family and friends that I am able to hug and tell them I love them.  

I took a few hours and went to Auburn to see my favorite chiropractor, visit a friend at my bank and get my hair cut.  I think people failed to recognize me until I got the hair cut, which was cute.  I saw many special people at the salon and again, felt as though I had never left.  Some things just seem to be the same, though I heard of several changes that had occurred while I have been away.

The air has been crazy dry and Thursday was very windy.  It feels as though my skin will crack and fall away from my body.  This is quite a shock compared to being at the coast for two months and living in a very moist and humid environment where my skin felt so good.  This is something I absolutely need to consider as I continue my travels this next year.  

I did have one unexpected moment when I came out of Millie's home one late afternoon.  I was startled to see my front right tire completely flat.  A call to Good Sam and the nearby Les Schwab store resulted with the discovery of the valve being slightly stuck open.  It was repaired quickly and all is well.  Almost all of the people I spoke with were helpful and caring and guided me to the best decision with the options I had available to me.  Thank you Good Sam and Les Schwab.  It was an early Christmas present.  Yea!!!

Time is winding down until we leave on Saturday morning and we seem fairly organized with all we need to do.  Laundry is caught up and food is prepared and we are all excited to be in a festive location for Christmas. This is completely new for each of us.  

For now, I have had one too many cups of espresso and I am feeling its effects.  I probably need to do a bit of walking or something so I can get it through my system and be able to sleep tonight.  Otherwise, I will be awake and have more than sugar plums dancing through my head.






To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!




"Take a course in good water and air;
and in the eternal youth of Nature
you may renew your own.
Go quietly, alone;
no harm will befall you."
 - John Muir




Enjoy your renewal!

No comments:

Post a Comment