Friday, December 13, 2013

- SACRAMENTO -



So, I had a most wonderful drive from Trinidad to Sacramento.  I left the amazing peacefulness of the redwood forest on Tuesday morning, hoping to be on my way by 9 a.m.   Well, things failed to go quite as I had anticipated.  Imagine that!

I was still at the forest at 9 a.m., getting my propane tank filled and saying good by's to those special people I had shared my time with there.  So it was a bit after 10 a.m. before I finally pulled out and headed to the small town of Mckinleyville to have the tires checked and to get gas.


While at the gas station a woman pulled in and on the side of her rather large white diesel truck was a sign all about horse back rides and a phone number.  I asked her about it and from there we shared twenty minutes of her telling me all about her business and showing me pictures of her horses and the area and one unique picture of a horse standing with its hind end backed into a blackened, burnt out redwood tree. 

Near the bottom of the horses legs was a purplish blue iridescent see through coloration.  It was a picture of a ghost at the lower part of the horse.  There was no mistaking of what was captured on film.  Truly amazing and caused chills to go up my spine.  Personally seeing a picture such as this was a first for me.  


I am certain the clerks in the gas station were hoping we would leave because with the length of my motor home and her more than large truck, we took up all the space of an entire island.  She was a most delightful woman and when I return to the area I will for certain seek out the horse riding fun.

I was surprised to see so much snow on the ground and on the tree branches since it has been several days from the snow day.  What I was most glad of was that by the time I actually got on Hwy 101 all the areas that had black ice were thawed so driving was safe.  There was still a lot of snow on the ground in Willits and even some in Lucerne.  


I went through several areas where the snow was still on the tree branches causing them to bow down and shed their snow on my motor home as I passed through.  You know, the whole arch thing.  There was lots of snow on the ground and it felt so much of being in a winter wonderland.  The sun was streaming through the trees and everything was glistening and white and green and the branches of deciduous bushes and trees were white as well.  Stunningly beautiful and awe inspiring.

I got all emotional as my CD was playing "Colors of the Wind."  It was so magical and I felt so grateful to have the opportunity to enjoy this incredible experience.  Many times I speak of being blessed and this was one of those most wonderful times of feeling extremely blessed.  Thank you, Universe!

What I anticipated was going to be an eight or nine hour drive was much shorter.  I left McKinleyville after 11 a.m. and arrived at my dear friend, Millie's, around 6 p.m.  I stopped two times to check my directions and then also was at a complete stand still on I-5 just before the Sacramento Airport, due to a huge auto accident for at least fifteen minutes.  Stop and go traffic was the norm for about another ten minutes.  I suspect the travel angels were helping me out a bit.  Very grateful.

Millie had dinner ready and we ate before hooking up the motor home to electricity and bringing a few necessary items in for the night.  Since then we have made Christmas stockings for her grandchildren to take to school to give to homeless children, made two kinds of  double batch cookie dough balls, shopped at several stores for needed supplies, had breakfast out, took her little ones to school and back and all the other normal everyday things.

We are now making styrofoam ball snowmen, three more kinds of cookie dough balls, a raspberry mouse, panocha and whatever else comes to mind.  We will be having lunch one day with a friend, going to Mimi's for breakfast on another day and probably do another trip or two to the grocery store.  

So, all in all, we are busy.  We still have the inside of the house to decorate for Christmas and get everything ready for when her brothers arrive on the 19th.  I will be leaving on the 18th to spend the holidays with my son and daughter-in-law.  We will be going to Napa for seven days and we will do lots of sight seeing, as none of us have spent much time there.  I am excited since it will be all decorated for the season.


I am going to Auburn next Thursday to hopefully see my chiropractor and get my hair cut.  I am beyond bushy at this point.  Very scary.  I will have to wait to see friends until I return after the first of the year and then I will be off to Morro Bay for a time.  

Right now I am enjoying the sunshine and relatively warm days. even though the nights are in the low thirties.  It is nice to hear song birds again.  It seemed strange to only hear the calls of ravens while in the redwood forest.  Even when walking into the town of Trinidad I only heard the ravens.  I so enjoy the sounds of the different song birds.  It is good to be here and spending time with Millie and her family.  I a looking forward to being with my son and daughter-in-law.  Everything is so great!!!





To All Of Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Diane!
Happy Birthday, Amanda!
Happy Birthday, Cinnamon!
Happy Birthday, Grace!






"The privilege of a lifetime
is being who you are."
 - Joseph Campbell



Enjoy your lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment