Thursday, January 23, 2014

- BUTTERFLIES ARE BACK -



There seem to be many butterflies in the air these days.  I imagine it is due to the temperate weather being warm enough for them to be out and about.  It is such a joy to see them almost everywhere throughout town.  Sometimes I must look just like a tree as they come close enough to land on me.  Makes me smile.

I am again enjoying being able to hang out sheets and laundry.  It has been a long time since I have had sun dried linens and clothing.  I still marvel at how wonderful it all smells and feels.  Towels are the only things I prefer to dry in a dryer.  They come out much softer than when they are tossed about in the breeze.

My home is completely clean on the outside.  I actually had someone come and do this chore for me, which included being up on the roof and scrubbing the heck out of it for two and a half hours.  It took him a full day of hand washing and scrubbing and then wax rinsing.  Now all I have to do is polish the chrome, condition the plastic and rubber and when I am feeling very exuberant, hand wax the whole thing.  I have ordered the products I need and so I can continue to work on the inside until everything arrives.  I am wondering if this is a settling in thing?  Nah, just a gotta have it clean thing!

In the meantime I am taking walks, talking with lots of people and again gently bleaching the hair in the sun and creating the reverse raccoon eyes from wearing sunglasses.  It all feels so natural and easy and comfortable.  

I have connected with a few people, Carol had me to dinner, and the next day I went to San Luis Obispo with Carol, Eric, Jo Ann, Joyce, Pete, Don and Loren.  We ate lunch at New Frontiers and then did a stint in Costco.  It was upper 80's and we were quite warm until we drove back to Morro Bay where it was in the upper 60's.  Amazing that only twelve miles can have such a difference in temperature.  I much prefer those at the coast for now.  It felt good to be back.

A side note, on the package I sent to Virginia from California.  Well, it took my family going to the post office, more than once, to finally obtain possession.  One month!  So, all of you who were complaining about a few extra days with UPS, count your blessings and be grateful.  It is UPS for me from now on. 


We have had some very high surf advisory's.   A few nights ago I was actually awakened by the sound of the surf around four a.m.  It is rather average right now although another advisory is in effect tonight through Saturday.  It is great to watch the surf hit the jetty and then splash up so white and wispy and spraying mist into the air.  It is a huge draw for all the photographers and sight seer's and sometimes when it is very high, the harbor patrol closes the gate to car access to avoid congestion.  Of course, all of us crazy ones who walk out there are free to meander around the area and chat with everyone.

I am eating well since Millie sent me off with all kinds of goodies that we made.  My freezer is still rather full, as is the refrigerator.  I have cookie dough balls for baking and soup for heating up.  She also shared some special hand made sausage that is created in her home town in Oregon.  They only make a certain amount once a year, so this is a real treasure she shared with me.  I am very glad she loves to cook and is so good at doing so.  My taste buds love it all.  A big thanks to Millie for all the wonderfulness!


One of the things I was looking forward to when I began my Adventure last year was to establish a greater connection with Nature.  I have been doing some reflecting since landing here in Morro Bay and realize I did just that.  I have so many amazing experiences and memories that have been a part of my travels and thankfully I have journaled and blogged about some of them.  I have tons of pictures to remind me of locations, creatures and events and all of the wonderful people encounters I have enjoyed.  

I am undecided what I will do with this, though for now it is handy and readily accessible for whatever needs to happen with it all.  And the other things that run around in my head could fill volumes plus, with the feelings and emotions resulting from the experiences.  There is probably not enough paper or cyber space to contain my processes.  May be just as well.








To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!
Happy Birthday, Cari!





"When we try to pick
anything out by itself,
we find it hitched to everything
else in the universe."
 - John Muir



Enjoy your hitchedness!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this blog =) made me really want to take a stroll along the beach, give the ocean some love for me =)

    ReplyDelete