Monday, January 6, 2014

- WINTER? -

Yountville


Depending on where one lives in the United States, it may be winter with snow, cold, winds, freezing rains, etc., or it may feel similar to spring with sunshine and mid 60's. 

Where I am now, in the Sacramento area of California, it is similar to spring weather that we have been enjoying.  The nights dip into the 30's and the days soar to the mid and upper 60's.  While this is wonderful to enjoy by being able to do lots of outdoor things without the usual heavy coats and gear, the area here is desperate for rain as the local lakes are loosing water at a drastic rate and from the air, I have heard, they appear to be nothing more than mud puddles.  


V Market
I have lived in this area many years in the past and recall other droughts and how bleak the weather felt.  The sky would cloud over and everyone would get excited at the prospect of heavenly water falling from above, only to be sadly disappointed when the clouds gently moved on leaving beautiful blue skies without dropping even a trace of much needed moisture.

It is difficult to truly grasp what is happening in the mid west, Great Lakes area and the northeast.  Their weather is exactly the opposite of what is being experienced in the west.  I can only pray that those in the cold, snowy, windy, freezing, and rainy areas be safe and sound until their temperatures and weather stabilize in a warmer and calmer vein.  

Yountville
I would like to speak to all of those whose packages failed to be delivered during the holidays.  I have experienced this with the USPS.  I sent a package December 16th from California going to Virginia in a two day delivery box with a signature required tag.  It was attempted to be delivered twice on the 19th with zero activity since.  I was under the mistaken assumption that the package had been delivered until a communication with my brother revealed it was, apparently, just resting at the post office in Arlington.  

I shall do the call the post office thing and see what happens from here.  I am confused why they failed to attempt any further deliveries.  I will be extremely happy to hear that they have delivered it or my brother was able to retrieve it from the post office.  Talk about a delayed package!!!  I personally could have driven it there and back by now.  Is this what our delivery services are coming to these days?  Something to contemplate.


V Market
Millie and I have accomplished lots of errands, running around, making (and enjoying) yummy meals and getting things back to a regular schedule.  School starts for her grandchildren tomorrow so they too will be back on track.  We still have a few things we want to do while I am here so we will see if they actually happen or if they are delayed until I return.  

We still have Christmas decorations to put away, get the house in order, eat more yummy foods, exchange a gift, and take a trip up to Apple Hill to purchase a few (maybe a lot) more bottles of our favorite port.  We have agreed it is unnecessary to even try other ports now since none have even come close to the one we like.  The only hope is that it is continued to be made for years to come.  And we are always on the look out for great Belgium chocolates.  They go so well with the port!

Culinary Institute
So, for me, the year has started off well and I am certain it will continue this way.  Last year went so fast for me as I traveled and I am curious to see if this year does the same.  I am just amazed at the number of places I experienced, the number of people I enjoyed time with and the friends I have made along the way.

I am glad I have my blog to look back on to help me recall all that was a part of my Adventure.  I have lots of pictures to also bring back the memories of wonderful times, people and places.  Adding to the Adventure is a great thing for me to look forward to and to see where I go and what presents itself to me to explore.  


V Market


So a big "thank you" to all of 2013 and a big "Hi there" to all of 2014.  Gratitude and love for All That Is.




To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!


Happy Birthday, Paul!
Happy Birthday, Darlene!
Happy Birthday, Tish!
Happy Birthday, Jennifer!
Happy Birthday, Beth!





"The power of imagination
makes us infinite."

John Muir


Enjoy being infinite!


No comments:

Post a Comment