Sunday, January 19, 2014

- TIME? -




Where in the world does this thing called time go?  It feels as though I just left Trinidad a few weeks ago and yet here I am now back on the central coast of California in Morro Bay.  I spent a great two weeks with Millie cooking and shopping and catching up on lots of things.  I was going to go up to Auburn to visit friends, although the call to the coast got the best of me.   I arrived here Monday late afternoon on the 13th.

I am back at the Cypress RV park among friends I made last year who have also returned from their travels and homes from out of state.  Some are leaving the end of the month and some mid February.  I definitely want to spend time with them while they are here.  There are many friends in the area that I want to contact to let them know I am back.  I failed to give anyone notice since it was sooner than I had anticipated.  The old going with the flow thing is alive and well.

blooming again this year!
Several things have changed since I was last here the first part of May.  The power plant is officially shut down.  I am thrilled with this as the pollution it emitted was ghastly.  There are several businesses that have closed leaving many empty spaces available for rent, while a few businesses have simply moved to potentially better locations.

Things that feel the same include the friendliness of the people, the rock still being in place, the surf continuing to  invite surfers and beach goers, lots of butterflies are seen flitting about, song birds are heard singing and I feel at home.  While I am still Adventuring, I strongly suspect this is where I will return when it is time to settle.  Everywhere I traveled over the past six months was being compared with this special place.  Port Townsend, Washington is amazing  and a very potential contender, though the winters there are rough.

I have encountered friends, stopped in to check with my hair stylist who was cutting another friends hair, saw a previous neighbor who had me for dinner and Chris and Duke stopped by when they saw I was back.  Some people have passed, as well as animals, and life continues on here.  Walking the streets feels so familiar and comfortable.

Tuesday morning I stopped to have breakfast after my walk and ended up meeting a woman who lives in Cambria.  We spent a few hours chatting and getting to know each other.  It was such fun and she is getting ready to do a world adventure which means she is sorting and sifting through her home before she embarks on, what I am certain will be, an amazing time.  We have exchanged emails and are already communicating.

I love life and how it brings incredible people into our lives who remind us how special all of it really is for us.  I am thankful every day for all of those I have met in my life and all of the things I have learned from them.  I am so blessed.

I have yet to take pictures since my return so these are from previous times.  I am also needing to catch up on birthday wishes.  It is curious how little I was on the computer the past six weeks.  We'll see how I do moving forward.  

I have been very busy viewing great blue herons, snowy egrets, otters, pelicans, water birds, seals, and enjoying all the great dog fixes, the sounds of the fog horn and even the traffic.  I think I could be tempted to settle here now even with the desire to continue exploring.  This will be very interesting these next few months.  All things are subject to change.  









To All Those Celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Paul!
Happy Birthday, Jennifer!
Happy Birthday, Beth!
Happy Birthday, Brittany!
Happy Birthday, Elaine!
Happy Birthday, Nancy!
Happy Birthday, George!



"How friendly all men would be with another,
if no regard were paid to honor or money.
I believe it would be a remedy for everything,"
St. Teresa of Avila


Enjoy your friendliness!

No comments:

Post a Comment