Wednesday, March 14, 2012

RV Hunting

This is a lot more fun than I thought it would be.  I went to an RV show over the weekend and went in about 15 coaches.  They were all in the same area so it was easy to go back to one I liked and check it out again.  Not at all the case when looking at homes.  Lots of driving and phone calling involved.

The people were all in a good mood and actually talking with each other.  Apparently one was so comfortable  she had kicked off her shoes and set her purse next to them  So when I entered the coach I thought someone had left them or was in the bathroom of the unit.  I was a bit taken back and the sales rep with me stepped in thinking something was wrong.  I then stepped further in and saw this woman comfortably sitting on the bed relaxing and wiggling her toes.  She wanted to make sure it felt comfortable because she was going to be taking her large dogs and possibly her large boy friend on her trip.  Here we all were in this motor home laughing and joking about the experience.  Car buying isn't anything similar to this either.

The rep was actually a real person.  I told him I was completely new to this and he explained so many things I came away in total overload.  I learned a lot from him and it has helped me recognize many of the features I want and need in the unit I choose.  All in all, a very stress free experience which is encouraging for my future outings.

It is raining today, snowing in the mountains and in parts of Oregon and the ants have decided to come in out of the rain.  Of course this was the morning I had an early meeting and errands.  So I just sprayed soapy water everywhere and left.  Hoping they would all get the idea and either bite the dust or vacate.  I'll have to dry the sheets in the dryer today.

4 comments: