Friday, March 23, 2012

The Swans Are Dead

I have learned that the two awesome swans that spent several months in the pond area near the Cayucos pier have been killed.  They were found  approximately 20 miles north of Cayucos having been shot and left to die where they fell.  Why would anyone shoot and kill such majestic and beautiful birds?  Why would anyone kill any animal, bird, human or any living creature?  Is it for sport, for fun or just to see something die?  These two particular birds were mute swans which are herbivorous that sometimes eat small aquatic life.  How sad and unnecessary for these two amazing parts of life to be ended.  I am stunned, saddened and disgusted with the reckless, unfeeling and callous behavior of some so called humans.  Later.

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone in your mis-understanding of some so called humans...I'm just shaking my head as I read this...sad...

    ReplyDelete