Wednesday, April 3, 2013

-APRIL FLOWERS -



This is the season for new flowers everywhere.  They are blooming in profusion and almost everyone is noticing.  I took a walk up to the top of Black Hill in Morro Bay State Park a few days ago and I am watching for the full bloom of the little pink flowers I mentioned before.


There are a few patches here and there and they seem to be the deeper colored ones that seem to glow right now.  So I will keep my eye on the progress of the pink ones and provide pictures once they are completely doing their thing.  For now the blue/purple stock like flowers seem to be very happy and showing off their growth quite well.

One morning while walking, I was so blessed to be able to rub all over five golden retrievers.  It was so great.  All of them were visitors to the area and ranged in color from pale taffy to a medium reddish.  Some were old and others full of puppy energy.  Definitely a good dog fix day.  I have also been happy to see old friends, such as, Duke, Annie, Maki, Monkey and more.  Of course, I also had the opportunity to visit with their people.  Great fun.


When I took the hike up Black Hill I was hoping to get some clear pictures of Morro Rock and the surrounding area.  This spot gives a complete 360 degree view of the scenery.  The weather, however, had a different idea.  The fog kept developing and dissipating and the sun was again playing hide and seek.  So the pictures I did take failed to provide the mood I was attempting to capture.  I will do this trip again later and perhaps the weather will be more favorable.

The top of Black Hill is around 661 feet elevation with nine switchbacks.  (This was minimal to the twenty seven switchbacks I once traversed with my younger brother many years ago.)  It is a healthy walk from sea level and where my little home is located.  Including the walk to the Rock and back, I accomplished some serious miles that day.


While walking I came across Monarch butterflies, lizards, bees, lots of song birds and, of course, many flowers.  The air was cool and misty enough so it was comfortable going.  There were several people out working in their gardens and at one home there was a beautiful Siamese cat with the most intense blue eyes I have ever seen.  She was amazing.  Reminded me of Kidder who I took care of in January.

Easter was a beautiful day to wake up to and the sun was out in full force.  I was invited to go to the Cavalier restaurant in San Simeon for lunch by Joyce and join family and friends.  Joyce brought a corsage for each woman in our group and she asked that we give them to some other older woman in the restaurant before we leave.  What a kind heart Joyce has.  We were able to wear the orchids while eating and then grace someone unknown to enjoy the flowers afterwards.  Very sweet idea.

Joyce also brought us a sort of rubber baby chick in a basket that lite up when squeezed.  Too fun.  We were going to give them to any children in the restaurant, however, they had all left before we realized it.  About half an hour before we left we watched as the fog literally rolled in.  It was rather dense as we headed back to Morro Bay and quite a bit chillier.  I had a great visit with all.


Morro Bay holds an annual city wide garage sale.  It will be this coming weekend from Friday afternoon  through Sunday.  Saturday I hear is the crazy busy day.  I will be helping Joyce and Pete out while they have their goods set up at a friends home.  It will be lots of fun talking with people that come from other areas to find that perfect item and bargain.  I will walk which I suspect will be safer, though I have been warned to watch out for drivers who seem to be only looking at all the items and not so much for us pedestrians.  Say some prayers!


Yesterday I watched as the fishing boats brought their catch to the docks for weighing and selling.  There were several large bins filled with live crabs and other large bins filled with black cod.  The gulls were doing their best to get a free meal and kept swooping into the bins to peck at the fish before the fishermen and dock hands could chase them off.  Apparently there were several fishing boats there to off load their fare and several fishermen were a bit unhappy with how long the process was taking.  

Several spaces were vacated here at my little home by RV'rs on the first of April, that have now been taken over by other RV'rs.  This is an ever changing place that brings nice people into our lives for a short while, only to replace them with other nice people.  A rather fun aspect of being in one place for a short while and becoming aware of and appreciating the process that occurs.  Very Blessed!




Happy Birthday today, Sheay!

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Ryan!

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Jeanne V.!






"The earth is the mother of all people,

and all people should have equal rights

 upon it."



"Treat all men alike.

Give them the same law.

Give them an even chance

to live and grow."


- Chief Joseph

Enjoy your living!

No comments:

Post a Comment