Tuesday, April 16, 2013

- AWESOME VISIT -



We had a great time walking on the beach, drinking coffee, walking,  eating food, walking, jabbering, walking, hugging and enjoying our time together.  The weather was wonderful for our time sharing and I will miss them until next month when I will be in the Sacramento area for a bit.  It was a perfect weekend and I love these two very special people in my life.  The odd thing was that I failed to take a single picture while they were here.  

So this entry contains pictures of orchids I have taken at a local nursery.  Some of them are simply amazing and so breath taking in their colors and shapes.  I simply love the beauty that nature provides us.  It is always a joy to the heart to be able to see it, where ever it is found.

Gosh, three more weeks before I leave to check out a few RV campgrounds near Sacramento.  I heard from one of the sisters I met on the Embarcadero a while back.  She lives in Tennessee and said all is calm there.  So that may be one of the places I go once I am out on the highway.  It was so sweet of her to call and let me know they had a great time while they were in California and all is well at home.

I have been seeing a lot of golden retrievers lately.  Lots of dogs, period.  I wonder if one is close to coming into my life.  I enjoy the friendship offered by those here in the RV park and on my walks.  All of them have been friendly and fun to be around, even if it is just temporary.

The wind blew strong all day yesterday and into the evening.  I did laundry this morning while it is clear and calm with the hopes that it stays this way until the clothes on the line are dry.  So far, it is looking good.  I had failed to realize how behind I was in this regard.  There was absolutely no time while my family was here.  Too many other fun things to do instead.

I am so sorry for all those affected by the tragic bombings in Boston yesterday.  It is impossible for me to understand any of this kind of behavior.  The intentional loss of life and injury to anyone is completely unacceptable.  I offer prayers and peace to the victims and their families.

There was a 7.8 earthquake in Iran this morning.  I have not had the TV  or radio on so unsure if there were injuries, etc.  That is huge.  If you have been following the earthquake site it appears as though there is a lot of activity right now in several area.  Makes me wonder what is really going on.  Many people and our earth will benefit from prayers and healing thoughts right now.

While Tim and Darlene were here they introduced me to a small Mexican food cafe that I have been avoiding.  It turns out it is very good and relatively healthy.  Since I am allergic to corn, I got a flour tortilla instead for my taco and it worked out well.  So, now when I am hungry and don't feel like cooking, I can go there and get something to eat.  It is comical that someone from out of town finds a good place to eat here, instead of me having a good eating place for them.  

There is a sweet 87 year old woman who rents a permanent mobile home here in the RV park and she just stopped by with her daughter who is here for a few weeks.  This woman is full of energy and does everything herself as she continues to live on her own.  They are off for a walk and probably other fun things.  She is an inspiration to me.

I have planned lunches with friends Wednesday and Thursday, and possibly Friday.  I am being the social butterfly again which is always fun and entertaining.  It is always nice to take the time to visit with friends and catch up on all that is going on with them.  They are all special people in my life that will remain so even after I leave this incredible area.  I will be back.





"You must live in the present,
launch yourself on every wave,
find your eternity in each moment."
- Henry David Thoreau

Enjoy your eternity!




No comments:

Post a Comment