Monday, April 22, 2013

- GOOD FOOD -

Rosea



It seems that lately I have spent a great deal of time with friends eating wonderful foods.  I had lunch with Patty and a lovely chat to catch up on everything.  The next day Joyce and Carol and I went to the Bayside Cafe and had yummy food, sitting outside and enjoying the mild weather in the back bay.  We took rabbit food to some older citizens at our local center, for them to feed the rabbits that come to their door, went to the Farmer's Market and afterwards, did some browsing at a few antique stores.

More Rosea
I've had a home made spaghetti dinner with my former mother-in-law, breakfast foods with Christa, and lunch with Megan, followed by a walk on the beach and coffee to finish everything off.  I truly enjoy all of the time I spend with these amazing people in my life.  I love the diversity as they are all so unique and share amazing aspects of themselves.

The dentist's office called to rescheduled my appointment to Thursday, so I did some laundry (I was able to hang everything out on the line) and I am catching up on other home chores which often go undone since I prefer to walk on the beach and all around town.  The weather has been amazing with low to mid 60's during the day with clear sky's.  The wind seems to be history for now and a bit of fog has come in.  It must be warm inland.  

More Rosea
I finally met the man who stays in the trailer next to me.  He works at the large solar facility near Santa Margarita for four days and then goes home to Las Vegas for the other three.  He leaves at five in the morning and returns around 7:30 pm on work days.  His wife was here over the weekend which was why I met them.  Apparently there are others here in the area working at the same facility and a car pool provides transport.  These are interesting times for all.

Another Heron
Herons continue to show up in my life.  There seem to be more around the rock, in the surf along the beach, in the trees along the Embarcadero and along the path of the harbor and bay.  I have seen them flying more often and almost posing for the few pictures I take.  I always thank them for showing themselves to me.  They are so elegant.

There was an antique emergency response vehicle show here over the weekend.   I was unaware of it until I went for my walk Saturday morning and saw all the parking lots of the motels full.  Wondering what that was all about, I questioned those who seem to know everything that is going on in town and learned of the event.  There were some fun old vehicles to see.

Yes, Rosea
This coming weekend there is the big kite event on the Morro Bay beach.  My Mom and I happened to be here several years ago and came upon these huge flying kites.  I had never seen so many kites and we were in awe of their size.  I am looking forward to seeing what they have this year as it has been many years since that last visit.  It is fascinating to see the handlers work to keep their prized kites flying high. It is a very fun event and draws many people to the area.



And still more Rosea
I tend to reread books and re-watch movies.  I am currently hung up on the Harry Potter series of movies and I am rereading "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz and "Way of the Peaceful Warrior" by Dan Millman.  I usually have several books going at one time if I have already read them.  When I do read a new book for me, I marathon read.  It seems crazy at the time because nothing else gets accomplished.  Oh well, good thing I am without a schedule.

Ah, Rosea!

I have given you a glimpse of some of the beautiful Rosea flowers currently blooming.  There are patches of it everywhere through this city.  It is perfect for areas where it slopes and it helps to keep the earth from eroding.  It is so stunning when it is full sun during the day.  The pictures fail to capture the almost neon affect they present.  It is food for the eyes.  There are more varied colors now and they are all beautiful.

Happy Birthday, Cara!
Happy Birthday, Jennifer!
Happy Birthday, Erin!
Happy Birthday, Kelly!
Happy Birthday, Danielle!



"The Universe is wider
 than our views of it."
- Henry David Thoreau

Enjoy your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment