Sunday, April 28, 2013

- KITES? -

Cormorant gathering.  


I am still waiting for the big kites.  When I returned to the beach yesterday afternoon, there were still mostly the smaller kites that go sideways, up fast, down even faster and make a buzzing noise as they fly.  The fog was in and it was crazy windy at the rock.  So I will check it out again early this afternoon.  I am certain the kite flyers arms and hands are tired this morning.  It looks as though they work rather hard at the type of having fun.


Heron & Egrets lined up fishing!
I am getting ready to leave Morro Bay May 3rd.  I will go to Sacramento to visit with Tim and Darlene and help them with some inside house painting, eating and having fun.   Then to Roseville to stay with Millie where we will do some cooking, baking and putting new fabric on her kitchen chairs and, of course, eating, shopping and etc.  Millie has informed me the temps. will be high.  Hopefully I will avoid melting.  I have become very accustomed to cooler temperatures.

Today, though, Gaytrell is on her way here to stay until Wednesday morning.  She will be at the same motel where Tim and Darlene stayed when they were here.  It is clean and most reasonable.  So if you come to the area and need a good motel check out the Rockview.  Their rates do change for the summer though.  Good luck.


Heron & Egret fishing!
Gaytrell and I plan to visit Hearst Castle, Cambria and whatever else she feels up to doing.  If she is up to checking out the kites this afternoon when she gets here, that will give her a good walk after her long drive.  Whatever we do, it will be great and some place new for her to see and enjoy.  While it all may be the same area for me, I always enjoy every aspect of it as it is different every time I see it.  I am most grateful and fortunate for the time I have had here and excited for whenever I return.


Surf is up!
One of my early morning walks this past week I found Christa's vehicle parked in the beach parking lot.  Here I was able to pet Duke and Kyra (a dog Christa is currently caring for) while they patiently waited for her to return.  It was a beautiful morning, calm and clear and one of those days when one could just be outside all day long.


Christa catching a wave!
I spied the surfers and took this picture of Christa catching a wave.  Actually, my eyesight might have played tricks on me as I am uncertain if this was truly Christa.  So,I am pretending it is her just because that would be cool.

Wednesday will be rather busy getting the tires and lug nuts checked, getting propane and having an early dinner with my former mother-in-law.  This will be the last time to see her until I return.  She turns 91 years old in May, so seeing her whenever possible is wonderful.  She is doing wonderfully and still on her own.


Great Blue Heron fishing!
I have been in contact with Allison from Canada and she is on the East Coast now and heading north to be back in Canada by May 27th.  Her travels have been safe and interesting even though she was unable to find a diamond at the mine where she stopped.  I am certain she has many wonderful memories to take home with her, even though the gem stones may have eluded her this trip.

I am beginning to figure out my travel route once I depart from the Sacramento area.  There are a few campgrounds nearby that I will visit before going either north or east.  South feels as though it may be best for a later time.  We'll see, I could wake up one morning and find the RV is going south anyway.  I am never truly certain who is in charge of this Adventure.  (Actually, I do know!)

So, it is 11:00 am and still foggy.  I want to tidy up a bit and check out the beach before Gaytrell arrives.  I also have some Words with Friends moves to make as I have become addicted to playing this phone adaptation of Scrabble.  What is curious is that words acceptable in the board game are not with the phone version and visa versa.  I still have yet to understand the scoring.  It is addicting!


Snowy Egret fishing!


"What lies behind us
and what lies ahead of us
are tiny matters
compared to what lives within us."
-Henry David Thoreau

Enjoy your within!



No comments:

Post a Comment