Friday, January 11, 2013

Brrrrrr!

Ice on Tim's car



Beautiful ice crystals on the hood of Tim's car

As far as I am concerned, it is cold.  With temperatures at 29 degrees at 7 a.m., one must get dressed quickly.  Everything is frozen outside, including the vehicles which have a covering of ice on them.  I am certain this is nothing compared to the east coast, but for me it is cold.




Wednesday is the morning "My Networking Group" meets at Awful Annie's.  I used to belong when I lived here so I opted to join them this week at their breakfast meeting and say "Hi" to some friends.  It was great to see many of the regular members I know and meet some new ones.  Deborah, who started the group, and I had lunch yesterday and caught up on all sorts of things.  I also had lunch with Tim and Darlene on Wednesday at Red Robin in Roseville.  I am beginning to feel a bit like a social butterfly.  Yummy hamburgers.




Kidder resting on the back of the sofa
Kidder has been hiding out under the motor home in the early mornings, waiting to eat breakfast to warm him up.  He seems to have a fairly thick winter coat, so he fares well in this environment.  I, however, need to wear many layers to stave off the low temps.  He likes being inside the motor home and makes himself comfortable on the back of the sofa.  From here he can keep an eye on the birds while they eat the seeds I put out for them.  Of course sometimes he just can't seem to stay focused and goes to sleep.  Here he is almost upside down.  I suspect he is relaxed.  I do know he misses his people and I assure him every day that they will be home soon.


I keep getting distracted from getting my tax papers organized.   I got off to a good start, however, I have lost my momentum.  There just seems to be something unproductive in this whole process.  And if I owe taxes, well then, it seems as though I am working backwards.  I am thinking there is something very wrong with this entire scenario.  Hummm.   I must get  at it again.



This plaque was discovered when Millie and I were shopping at the Fresh Market.  I love the message.  It is now a part of the collection in my motor home.  I have limited space that is magnetic so I must choose my items carefully.  This one obviously is a keeper.





Enjoy your dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment