Friday, January 4, 2013

Time Warp

Apple orchard with afternoon shadows


How in the world did it get to be January 4th already?  If this is how the year is going to go, I am in big trouble.  This means I will need to do the things I want in one fourth the time I think it will take me.  Of course, I could just eliminate a quarter of things I want to do.  I'll need to give this some serious thought.  Which I will have to do in one quarter of the time.  Crazy... 



Apple orchard with more shadows
I am settled on a hill of the apple orchard with a beautiful view.  The apple trees are in the process of being pruned so they will be ready to provide the fall crop of fresh apples. The trees are dormant and bare now, very different from the spring flowers, summer leaves and fall fruit.  It feels very peaceful and quiet for now.  





Apple orchard with motor home shadow
One of the fun features of being where I am is the view of birds.   A lot of the time they are flying at my level as they fly over the orchard.  Lots of dove and black phoebe gather to eat the scattered seeds near my motor home.  Yesterday I heard a bird hopping its way across the roof of my motor home.  It sounded huge, though I am certain it was something other than an eagle.  I am caring for the cat, "Kidder-kidder," who is playing very elusive for now.  A beautiful Siamese critter that is extremely friendly and playful.  I will attempt to capture his picture.  This is a lovely place to spend the next several weeks.  







I have found a new snack.  I struggle to find great snacks that are corn free and non-gmo.  It is ridiculous when you read the ingredients on the various packages of potato and bean chips that the first ingredient is corn.  Label reading is a full time event when buying anything packaged.  The time I spend reading labels will remain as a necessity.








I have been working on getting my tax information together.  My record keeping has been less than current do to all of the activity around this Adventure.  So, now I am paying the price.  I want to get this all in order so it is finished and ready for the accountant by the end of January.  I have a very simple system, however, it is time consuming.  Another fourth to be dealt with, I'm sure.  



Here are a few more wonderful sayings from children, taken from Art Linkletter's "Kids say the darndest things."

When you hear the toilet flush and the words "Uh-oh," it is already too late.

A six year old can start a fire with a flint rock, 
even though a 36 year old man says they can only do it in the movies.

'Legos' will pass through the digestive tract of a four year old.

'Play Dough' and 'microwave' should never be used in the same sentence. 

Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

The human nostril can hold approximately 7 pussy willow buds.


Enjoy the children!


No comments:

Post a Comment