Saturday, January 5, 2013

Red Sky at Night....





Red Sky at Night...Sailors Delight:




Red Sky at Morn....Sailors Take Warn!


This morning the eastern sky was red and glowing through the evergreen trees.  As the day has progressed, the clouds have increased and the sky is now gray.  A good possibility of rain tonight.    Sitting on top of a hill in the foothills gives me a great view of the incoming weather.  I doubt there will be much star gazing this evening and the cat will probably head for cover.

I went with Gaytrell to the Flower Farm and we had a mid morning breakfast.  The nursery there is closed now until February and most of the plants are resting.  We almost had the entire place to ourselves as we sat outside and enjoyed the fresh air.   This is a favorite haunt for bicycle groups as they do their treks up and down the back roads of the foothills.  There was a huge group just leaving as we arrived.  

We went to a local craft store so Gaytrell could get some supplies for a project she is working on with a client.  I, of course, had to check out the yarn.  I came across this wonderful soft yarn which I just had to buy.  I must remember to "back away" from the craft stores since I am a succor for yarns.  We then went into the wine store next door and I found a "port" that I hope will meet the requirements of wonderful taste for Millie and me when I see her towards the end of the month.   We will celebrate our birthdays, which are two days apart, and I think port and chocolates will work just fine.  (Notice I said chocolates!)  


From there, Gaytrell and I went to get some Mandarins.  We went to two different orchards only to find that they were closed and then ended up at the Newcastle Store.  Bought a bag and when I got back to the motor home peeled at least ten mandarins and split apart the sections.




I am certain that by the time I have finished compiling this writing, they will have all been eaten.  A great source of vitamin C!  Everyone around here says that the Newcastle Mandarins are the best in the country because of the climate.  I have to agree.  Yummmmm!!!!







A plaque  with a message to ponder.

Two orange sections to go and they will be gone.  I have had more than my fair share of vitamin C today.  Watch out germs!


Enjoy your sunrise!  (Just ate the last section...)





No comments:

Post a Comment