Friday, January 18, 2013

"We're Having A Heat Wave..."







Hooray for sunshine and it's warming effects!  Today I was able to shed the coat, the sweatshirt and the fuzzy lined shoes.  This was also one of the most accomplished days I have had in quite a while.  It is amazing what being warm can do, to at least this person. 









Oh, joy, rapture!  
Washed the sheets and was able to hang them out on the line to dry.  Did this with most of the rest of the laundry as well.  This definitely lifts my spirits.











I had a delightful breakfast with Bobbi this morning and then got on with walking the cat, doing the laundry and investigating a visitor on the property.  All was fine.  Even made a visit to my chiropractor this afternoon.  This was a day with Kidder as well.  He was never far from whatever I was doing.  I think I rather wore him out a bit.  He is now sound asleep on the sofa.


He is obviously comfortable as he sleeps on his back and almost upside down again.  He is one of the funniest cats I have been around.  

I also visited with the orange cat, Sam, that is now being cared for by my previous neighbors, Lynn and Raina.  It is so good to see him and know that he has adjusted to the change of care giver.  And also that he continues to let me hold and love on him.


My social calendar has been quite full.  Tuesday was a wonderful soup lunch with Susan at the Flour Garden.  Wednesday I attended the Networking breakfast, where I ended up changing my seat several times to accommodate my need to leave early and then to provide a more comfortable location for a member who arrived  using crutches due to a knee injury.   Lunch with Gail was yummy at the Frontside Cafe.  We were able to sit outside and enjoy the sun while we ate.


A mug at The Fresh Market






Yesterday Millie and I went to our dear Mimi's and had an all you can eat lunch of soup and salad, plus a muffin.  We overdosed on french onion soup (a second serving) and a citrus dressing for our salads.  We brought our muffins away with us so we could enjoy the extra soup.  So good.


After doing a few errands we ended up at Barnes and Noble and enjoyed a cold drink while sitting outside in the sun.  







Gads, the sun goes down and the temperatures plummet.  My little home goes from the windows being open with the warm sun shining in, to closing the door and windows and pulling the shades down to keep the warmth inside.  Today I had everything open as I did my laundry and other projects.  In the event the weather predictions are correct, there will be another several days of these glorious temperatures.  I shall enjoy every moment of them.

I am almost out of mandarins again.  It is amazing how many I have eaten.  I will also need to get another bag for Darlene and Tim, since they do not have the Newcastle mandarins available to them where they live.  I think it is wonderful that there are special treasures of nature all over our country.  While one area may have a special fruit or vegetable, another area may offer an exceptional view or a specific flower aroma.  This wonderful world is so full of beautiful and bountiful treasures to seek out and enjoy.  All part of the "Adventure."


And today was my first experience this year with a lady bug on my shirt.  I almost missed it since I was busy putting out bird seed and discussing many things with Kidder.  He and I went for our usual walk down to the hanger and then down a few rows of apple trees.  He usually lags behind and then runs full force ahead of me.  He tramples the ground so hard and it  sounds so loud one would think he was a huge animal.  Makes me laugh each time he does this.  When I encountered the unexpected visitor, Kidder made himself invisible and reappeared once the coast was clear.  Very smart cat.



7 Rules of Life

1.  Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the  present.

2.  What others think of you is none of your business.

3.  Time heals almost everything, give it time.

4.  Don't compare your life to others and don't judge them.  You have no idea what their journey is all about.

5.  Stop thinking too much, it is alright not to know the answers.  They will come to you when you least expect it.

6.  No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.

7.  Smile.  You don't own all the problems in the world.


-  Whispers of the Heart

Enjoy the warmth of your day!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post and your experience. Heat waves can be very dangerous, especially for the elderly. For me, I would sit back with a glass of ice tea and enjoy my air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes! Iced tea and air conditioning can be the remedy. For this time, I was grateful the daytime temperatures were in the upper fifties. It had been extremely cold and the sun and warmth were very welcome.

    ReplyDelete