Sunday, August 11, 2013

- COPALIS 2 -

Sunday, August 11th




I am still experiencing an abundance of fog, though here it is open space at the RV park and it feels alright.  The fog here seems closer to the ground and very dense.  It is not something I would care to drive in.  It is very similar to the tooley fog in the central valleys of California.  Very scary to be driving in it either day or night.

Walking in the fog on the beach is an entirely different experience.  It seems almost magical.   Objects in the distance are blurred and sometimes odd shaped.  It is very important to make certain you have markers of where you come onto the beach so you can find your way back.  There have been more than a few times when I was uncertain of where I was.  Fog is a funny thing.


I went into the town of Ocean Shores and did some shopping at the local bakery where I discovered some fresh sour dough bread and fresh made marionberry scones.  The next stop was the candy shop and some locally made fudge.  I then ended up at a large ice cream shop and the nicest young man helped me decide on the best flavor for the moment.  Things change with time you know!

I also went to their local IGA grocery store for necessities.  The sun was out for a bit and temperatures seem to be steady in the mid 60's.  It was a delightful trip and I was glad I decided to drive the RV because it was way too far to walk and then walk back carrying all of my goodies.


People here are very friendly and kind and this almost feels as though I am home, even though I am unsure where that is these days.  When the couple drove into the spot next to me he offered their car for me to drive if I needed to go anywhere.  Very sweet.

The beach here is strewn with dead crabs.  Shells of all sizes of crabs are all along the high tide line.  I had noticed some while I was in Seaview, though the numbers here are astounding.  I finally checked with the office staff and was told they are molting and this can go on for about six weeks or so.  I investigated a little on line and this is necessary for them to grow.  

I had originally thought perhaps it was a disease or virus or maybe from being attacked by dolphins or seals.  Some are completely in tact while others are missing legs.  Some with claws and others without.  Some split open in the center and others in all sorts of broken states.  Quite a sight.  I am now walking closer to the waters edge to avoid the array  of carcasses.

We have had some rain off and on yesterday, last night and this morning.  I started my walk in rain boots and a poncho only to have it stop raining five minutes into the walk and have to remove the poncho.  I kept my floppy hat on which covered my morning hair.  Lovely!

Garbage on this beach is minimal which is wonderful.  This morning it was mostly plastic bottles, large plastic bags that were empty, a kite that failed to survive the wind and some other odds and ends.  A lot less cigarette butts and other usual trash which was good.  It always feels good to pick this stuff up and put it in the trash cans.

The grounds here are delightful.  They are very well taken care of and decorated with fun in mind.  At first glance some of the metal art work appears real so second glances are needed to realize what you are truly seeing.




To all those celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Mary Pat!
Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!
Happy Birthday, Ted!
Happy Birthday, Maureen!

Happy Anniversary, Tim and Darlene!!!


"Size matters not.
Look at me.
Judge me by my size, do you?
Hmm?  Hmm.
And well you should not.
For my ally is the Force,
and a powerful ally it is.
Life creates it,
makes it grow.
Its energy surrounds us and binds us.
Luminous beings are we,
not this crude matter.
You must feel the Force around you;
here, between you, me, the tree,
the rock, everywhere, yes.
Even between the land and the ship."


 - Yoda - Star Wars


Enjoy your luminescence!

No comments:

Post a Comment