Thursday, August 8, 2013

- COPALIS -

Thursday, August 8th



It was strange being out of touch for a week. I was without cable, internet service and only limited cell service when it felt like connecting. When Darlene and I finally were able to talk we spent two and a half hours catching up on things. I have many calls and emails and such to respond to now. Fortunately I am where my services and signals are good.


Wednesday was my drive day and I continue to work my way north along Hwy 101 through Washington State. It is a bit disheartening to see where so many trees have been removed by clear cutting and now there are only stumps of trees and bushes and grasses growing instead. I realize clear cutting is the cheapest way to harvest trees, however I strongly feel select cutting is a more beneficial and sustainable way to treat our environment. Weyerhaeuser has a huge presence here and I sense things will continue as usual. Sad.


It was nice arriving here to sunshine yesterday. There were too many foggy days at Seaview. As with any coastal town or city, it is absolutely beautiful when it is clear and sunny. Predictions for here are clearing in the afternoons and foggy at night. Fog rolled in early evening last night and it is still so at 10am. Here is hoping. There are scattered trees here so it is open and light and this is nice.

There are no shops or stores or businesses here so I will need to go a few miles down the road if I need anything during my stay. It is just me and the ocean and this is fine with me for a while. This RV park has a good feel to it though I am unsure why. It may reveal itself in time.

My poor home on wheels is very dirty and could use a major cleaning on the outside. I figure I will wait until I am away from the coast and out of the salt air. Unsure what the salt air does though I suspect it is anything other than good. I did manage to defrost the freezer while in Seaview. Hard to remember the last time I even had to do that little chore. Technology has yet to reach all the aspects of RV living.

While I was walking in Seaview I managed to generate a hefty blister on the ball of my right foot.  It took a few days of being off of it for it to be less painful and definitely took a toll on my walking ventures.  I think I may end up with a callous.  I also think I will put a band-aid on it before any other long walks to avoid any further issues.

While driving through the town of Raymond I saw there were many areas where metal art was used to decorate.  There were separate areas and groupings of deer, bears, birds, pelicans on pilings and people and a person with a camera on a tripod.  It looked so great and at first seemed life like.  Nice touch to the town.


These are all flower pictures I took while in Seaview. There were just so many wonderful flowers everywhere and they are all so healthy. Flowers at the coast are so wonderful.

 It is now getting lighter and soon I think there will be shadows and then full sun. I can handle this just fine.

A colorful front entry to a Seaview house.


To all those celebrating,
Happy Birthday!



"Instead of goals,
make the commitment to
live joyfully in the moment.
Stop dreaming about the future
and get back to the only thing you have:
now.
Decide to live fully in the present."
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer



Enjoy your present!

No comments:

Post a Comment