Thursday, August 22, 2013

- SEQUIM -

Thursday, August 22nd

A morning at the RV park


The past three days have been jammed packed with local trips around the area with Margie and Dart.  They have been so gracious taking me just about everywhere in the area and yesterday we made a quick drive through Seattle to take the ferry back to home. I am actually feeling as though I could get around the water ways fairly easily.  I have put aside my concerns about motor homes on ferries and realize I will avoid going into Seattle on one.  

Sister ferry going the opposite direction
I have been staying in a RV park in the area and today I will move to their home where they have an RV pad.  A few days with them and then hopefully on to Port Townsend for a few days and then back to a different RV park in Sequim until after Labor Day.

The weather has been wonderful and a great change from the foggy nights and mornings.  I have been waking up to sun and seeing stars and the moon at night.  This was so not the case at the last few stops.  I am very grateful for this.  We have been noticing there are a few trees that appear to be changing colors already.  It is strange to see beautiful hanging baskets of various colored summer flowers next to a tree showing fall colors.  

Fall color tree & summer flowers
I have been reluctant to move east yet due to the fires in and around Idaho. I remember being in the Yellowstone area when the great Yellowstone fire was happening and it was so depressing and smokey.  So I will wait a bit before I travel through there.  Hopefully it will all settle down soon.  I am certain the people in the affected areas are wishing the same.

The park where I currently am staying is very quiet and peaceful.  In the early morning hours there are sounds of coyotes and roosters.  There are a few song birds that I hear occasionally.  At Margie's and Dart's there are all kinds of song birds as they have feeders out everywhere in their yards.  Looking forward to hearing them.

It is startling to realize that it is almost September.  October second will be the one year anniversary since I began my Adventure.  Startling even more is that I have only made it to the top of the US in Washington.  I am curious what it will take for me to actually make it to the east coast.  In a way it is kind of funny to me.  I suspect this is part of the Adventure.

Taken from the ferry



To all those celebrating today,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Mom!
Happy Birthday, Mary!
Happy Birthday, Jeanne!
Happy Birthday, Devin!
Happy Birthday, Jerry!


"Once you make a decision,
the Universe conspires
 to make it happen"
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Enjoy your decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment