Tuesday, September 24, 2013

- ON THE ROAD AGAIN -



I am heading south along the Oregon Coast as I continue to make my way back to California to see and hug family and friends.  There were a few other places I though I might see while up this way, however, right now they are getting snow and I prefer to avoid that with my motor home.  I am unequipped to deal with it in any way.  So, south it is for now.

While driving Monday I came across some road work, which has occurred on many of my drives.  You know the scene.  Some guy(or gal) wearing a neon colored vest and a hard hat is standing in the middle of the street holding a pole that has a sign on top of it posting a red STOP on one side and an orange SLOW on the other.  

Well, this time it was special.  The scene was the same, however, the flagman that had us stopped for oncoming traffic,  bowed and tipped his helmet when he signaled us onward.  And the flagman at the other end did the same thing as we exited the work zone.  It was so charming and such a pleasant surprise that I smiled and chuckled and wove to both of them.  What a great gesture to add to the disruption of travelers.  Such a simple act that probably brightened everyone's journey, even if just a little.

Thankfully the rain was rather light while I drove and it had almost stopped as I went into Fred Meyer to stock up on fresh food.  They had some organic produce which was a refreshing surprise compared to several other places I have shopped.  It has become very clear to me how much I appreciate the bounty of organic foods, farmer's markets and recycling efforts in California. 


I am back at Neskowin Creek RV Park which is where the rabbits grace the grounds.  I saw several when I arrived and most of them were later hiding under the RV's while it rained.  It is amazing to see all the different colors of them and the varying sizes.  They all seem healthy, as far as I can tell.

The park is less full and wetter when compared to my last stay.  The weather prediction is for decreasing rain and by Wednesday it will be mostly clear.  I am already periodically seeing blue sky and sunshine.  I am here for a week before I move on again.  Presently, it is raining.

I have noticed that I have heard less song birds at several of the last parks I have been.  In Wheeler I did see the robins and other birds though failed to hear them singing.  Maybe it is the time of year or just the locations I have been.  Perhaps the birds go somewhere else to sing.  Rather curious as I recall the birds singing most of the year where I used to live.


I am definitely looking forward to hearing them singing again and hopefully it will be soon.  For now I will just have to press the button on the musical stuffed purple finch I have and listen to its quite cheerful song.  I sometimes wonder if any other birds will hear it and come to join in with the singing.  So far, that would be a no.









To all those celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Virginia!
Happy Birthday, Bill!
Happy Birthday, Cammy!




"Don't equate your self-worth
with how well you do things in life.
You aren't what you do.
If you are what you do,
then when you don't...
you aren't."

"I am a human being,
not a human doing."

Enjoy your doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment