Thursday, September 5, 2013

- PORT TOWNSEND 4 -

Thursday, September 5th




Port Townsend is a place I could stay for a while.  Winter is coming just around the corner though and it is time to venture on.  I hear from the locals that it is usually quite gray in the winter and depression is an issue for many.  I know for me, that would be the case.  I definitely need my fair share of sunshine. 

This has been a place where I have solidified that I probably do my best when I am at or near or in water.  I love the ocean waters and here at Point Hudson, where I am on a corner of the water ways, has been wonderful.  There is water on two sides of where I am staying and the marina is just a short distance away from my RV.  

Watching the boats and ships and tankers and cargo ships, motor boats, sail boats, etc. has been wonderful.  I watched last evening as the sun was getting low in the sky and a cruise liner was leaving the sound, bound for who knows where. At the same time there were several sail boats doing their thing and a ferry was chugging away to Whidbey Island.  I sat at a picnic table at the very corner of the point and enjoyed all of it.

The Navy ship that came in the other day was huge and quite impressive.  And watching the sail boats is so calming.  They simply float along, sometimes with their Spinnakers up.  All of it makes for such a beautiful setting.  Add in a sunny sky and a slight breeze and one has a piece of paradise.  Lovely.

The wooden boat festival, which is this coming weekend will probably be amazing.  I know little about all of these vessels, though a few that are here already are beautiful.  I imagine it takes quite a bit of work and money to keep them in such wonderful condition.  I am uncertain that I would be comfortable out in rough seas in some of them.  More power to those that are brave.


Point Hudson will close all of it's RV sites to accommodate all of the vendors and concessions that support the festival.  So, I would be unable to stay even if I wanted to remain here for a while.  It must be quit a sight with all the pop up canopy's of all those who will be offering their wares and goodies throughout the event.  I have heard it gets rather loud.  No surprise there!

So, I am grateful for this time here.  I have enjoyed some very good restaurants, their co-op, the wonderful old homes and structures, and of course the ice cream/candy store.  The people are fun and kind and all of it together makes this a very comfortable place to be.  I am so glad Margie and Dart brought me over one day so I could feel it before I came with my RV. Thanks, you two!




I am on the move today and in the rain.  A beautiful God ray.







To All Those Celebrating today,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Linda!
Happy Birthday, Megan!
Happy Birthday, Bart!




"Whatever I need is already here,
and it is all for my highest good."
 - Dr. Wayne Dyer


Enjoy your here!

No comments:

Post a Comment