Monday, September 2, 2013

- PORT TOWNSEND 3 -

Monday, September 2nd



I can only speak from my experiences and that the weather here has been simply fabulous the past three days.  Clear sky, calm waters, moderate temperatures and a slight breeze.  Heaven?  It just might be!  All I can say is that it has and is beautiful.  

White spot in sky is the moon at sunrise
I walked to Fort Worden this morning as the sun was coming up and watched periodically as it would shine on the water.  I attempted to capture its beauty though the results are  faded.  Several mornings ago I managed to catch the moon as it was still in the sky when I got up.  Nice.

I was able to have many dog experiences as most people are out with their dogs first thing in the morning.  I have enjoyed the company of a Newfoundland, three standard size poodles, a lab-newfi mix, goldens, labs, rottweilers, big and little white dogs, big and little black/brown dogs, and simply all kinds in between.  I enjoyed each of them.


RV from Germany
I spent some time talking with a couple from Germany.  They have a very unusual RV and had it shipped to the US via a freighter.  They are in our country for a year touring around and have been here since May.  We were fortunate to share watching some seals out by the warning bell one morning.

Every morning that I am out early walking I come across deer eating in someone's yard.  This morning was the same with a doe and her offspring.  They look up at me and see that I am safe and then continue eating as though I wasn't there.  It is nice to see wild animals behaving almost naturally among the neighborhoods.  Some people are more accepting than others.  Who was here first?



Colorful sunrise
I have yet to decide where to from here.  East brings the wild fires and potential of early winter storms.  West, which I can only go so far, brings fog along the coast.  South brings me headed back to California.  This may be the best route for now.  I could eventually swing over to the coast in Oregon and stop at all the places I was unable to visit on the way up the coast.  I am leaning south for the moment.  We'll see what happens on Wednesday.  Sometimes my motor home has a mind of it's own.

This long weekend has brought out the boaters.  There are vessels of all kinds and they had awesome weather to play.  Lots and lots of different sized sail boats, motor boats and of course, the ferry's.  There was another large vessel that I am unable to identify.  A lot of travelers are heading home and the RV park is less crowded.

Early morning smooth water and clouds
The park will start filling up again on Thursday as the next week end is the wooden boat festival.  Apparently the entire area is packed with beautiful wooden boats and people.  The Port staff said it gets fairly loud with so many people that are mostly congregated near the marina.  A good time for me to be on my way.




To all those celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Carrie!
Happy Birthday, Sheri!


"Happiness can be found
even in the darkest of times,
when one only remembers
to turn on the light."
 - Albus Dumbledore

Enjoy your happiness!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Roe for the birthday wishes. Back in San Diego, lots of company coming and then a trip to Mn for granddaughters college graduation. Sure do enjoy your blog and all the neat places you are visiting. Stay safe and take care. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are safely home. Any decision about Tahoe yet? Safe travels to you and Joe. Do you know how Joy is doing? Give her my best when you are in contact with her. Thanks for everything while we were in Klamath. Great times and memories. Roe

    ReplyDelete