Sunday, September 22, 2013

- WHEELER, OREGON 2 -



Well, so much for the accuracy of the weather forecasts.  Yesterday was to be a wet and rainy day that actually turned out to be a beautiful day with about six rain clouds that crossed over blessing us with about ten minutes of rain each.  It was rather funny to watch the weather forecasters and listen how they described the rain event.  He made it sound as though it was tremendous.  In my unprofessional opinion, it was rather sparse and less than concerning.

I have taken walks to watch the herons and egrets that do their best to keep their distance from my attempted picture taking.  Oh well, they are simply awesome to see.  I have chatted with many of the fishing people and those crabbing and have managed to stay dry for the most part.  A lot of RV's are pulling out today and I am beginning to feel a little isolated.  There are still many here, however where I am, many nearby spots are now vacant.  

This morning it is raining, as predicted.  Surprise!  They got it right this time.  I was out walking around 7 a.m. and some fishing people were already out on the bay.  I watched as more people made their way to their boats to assess how much water was in them and what measures they would need to take.  These are hardy people who have all the gear one could need in these weather conditions.  After all, what is a little rain?  The wind is another matter.  It is predicted to get gusty as the day goes on.

This will probably take a huge toll on the flowers that have been doing their best to hang in there into fall.  It always fascinates me when I see roses blooming this time of year.  I love it!  Pansies seem to be stronger and more hardy here.  Everyone has been telling me this has been such a nice summer and I suspect this is probably why all the flowers are continuing to thrive.  Perhaps it will be this rain period that will cause them to go into hiding for the winter.

OK, so I was cutting up veggies and obviously was failing to pay close attention to what I was doing.  A slight slip of the knife and ta-da!  I created a nice cut into the quick of my index finger.  It was odd that I was pain free as it looked rather frightening at the moment.  I cut the nail away to see how bad the damage was and managed to bandage it before I continued with my food project.  

Then, of course, I needed to trim the rest of my nails so they are all relatively even in length.  I accomplished this the next morning and it feels strange to have all very short nails again.  This used to be my norm while I was working, though since then I have let them grow longer.  There are definitely pros and cons to both long nails and short nails. I am back to being unable to pick some things up due to no nails.  I am also less likely to poke or seriously scratch myself due to long nails.  

Tomorrow I am moving on again and back to Neskowin.  I like this park and it is only a short walk to the beach.  I will need to find a grocery store to replenish my fresh food supply.  It would be nice if there was a Trader Joe's nearby, but alas, I would need to go inland.  So I shall make the best of whatever I find.  Maybe there will be a local fruit and vegetable stand along the way.  That would be awesome.

Life is good and wonderful and magical.  I have been so blessed on this Adventure and I experience moments of absolute happiness.  Sitting here and writing this is one of the moments when I am completely content and at peace with where I am and what I am doing and feeling.  I have had many of these while traveling and I know the feelings I have will continue to occur and increase.  For now, I am  excited to just be here and now.






To all those celebrating,
Happy Birthday!


"Your life is yours to live,
no matter how you choose to live it.  When you do not think
about how you intend to live it,
it lives you.
When you occupy it,
step into it consciously,
you live it."
 - Gary Zukav

Enjoy your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment