Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cleaning!

I have started cleaning the motor home.  It is fairly clean already, so I'm thinking this will be a fairly easy project.  It has been warm still and I am leaving the vents and windows open, which does add to the dust in the coach.  Oh well.  I have to have something to do.

I am also checking out the campgrounds in Northern California, since I think this is where I will begin my travels.  I have only spent a little time there which means there is lots more to explore.  The redwoods there are amazing and beautiful.  And the northern coast is incredible.  There are places where the redwoods and the coast come together and to me it feels as though I am in the best of two worlds.  Absolutely love the mixture of the smells and energies.  I am really looking forward to enjoying these areas again and exploring them more.  There are these huge banana slugs that truly boggle the brain.  I will need to take some pictures of them.  

The temperatures here have cooled a bit and everyone is sighing with relief.  The nights are much cooler and light blankets are needed.  Love this.  The apples are repining on the trees and a few branches have broken from the heavy weight of the fruit.  Fresh apples right from the tree are such a treat.  The seeds on the Dogwood trees are turning red this year.  Hopefully they will have turned completely before I leave so I can take a picture.  Right now they are yellow and orange with a few red ones sprinkled here and there.  Nature is so amazing.  I imagine I will experience so much more of the abundance of nature during my journey and I get excited just thinking about all I will see.

The sun seems to be moving south already and the shadows are shifting.  It feels early this year though I'm sure everything is on schedule.  We will have another full moon in August this year, which will be on the 31st, Friday.  This is called a blue moon.  The only one this year and none will occur next year.  

I missed the meteor shower earlier this month.  I just didn't have enough time to go up the mountain to see it.  It has been several years since I have done this so I want to make sure I see it next year.  It is amazing to lay outside in a sleeping bag and watch the show.  The last time I did this was in a campground and everyone there was doing the same thing.  It was great listening to everyone as they ooded and ahhed at the spectacle.  Definitely a fun experience.

Laundry is waiting, as well as, getting things ready for the estate sale.  It is scheduled for Saturday, September 8, 2012.  One day only, from 9 am to 4 pm.  By then I should be toast.  The next day, September 9, I will have an open house for the motor home from 1pm to 4pm.    So, all of the local people are invited.  (And if you want to come from far away, know you are welcome.)  After that, it is finalize the details before departure. Hopefully I will be rested for the beginning of the Adventure.  Otherwise I could just go somewhere and simply rest and recoup.  We shall see.

Thanks to Kathy, Gaytrell, Tim and Darlene for all the assistance and goodies these past few weeks.  I am very grateful for all you have done.

Saint Therese's Prayer

May there be peace within you today.  May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.  May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.  May you use Gods gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.  May you be content knowing you are a child of the Universe.  Let this energy settle into your being and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, celebrate, create and love.  It is there, within, for each and every one of us.

Enjoy this Now!


No comments:

Post a Comment