Thursday, August 23, 2012

It Is Here!

Wow!  I just arrived home with my motor home.  I am probably in shock a bit and yet it almost feels as though I have had it forever.  Must have been in a dream.  I have it plugged in to the house electricity and now my next adventure is to get the enzymes in the toilet with some water.  Then flush out the fresh water tank so I can put good fresh water in it.  It is all gassed up, thanks to the dealership, so I guess I am about ready to go. Not really.

Now it is getting serious about setting a date for the estate sale.  Predicting September 8th.  I also will have an open house for the motor home and I think September 9th would work out nicely.  Once that is complete then it is finishing disbursing items to their appropriate places.  Clean the motor home, clean the home I am leaving, buy some food and start the engine.

I have decided that since most of the time when I plan something and it gets changed, it will probably be a good idea to I write at the present event or after it has occurred.  This way it avoids changes and frustration on my part.  I spoke with my landlord and she is very accommodating in letting me stay in the house as long as I need.  Since I had the flu last week and the County decided to call me for standby jury duty next week, that the 12th is probably an unrealistic departure date.  Loosing two weeks was unexpected.  Obviously, I will venture forth when it is time.  

If any of you locally are interested in renting this sweet little house, or know someone who it might work out well for, call and let me know.  I will forward the information to my landlord and she will send them an application.  There is some work that needs to be done to the house before the next tenant moves in and it is unsure how long it will take.  She has been extremely wonderful over these past eight years.  I think this is part of why I have been here so long.  I suspect great landlords may be difficult to find.  I am very fortunate.

Also, to my local people, I will be selling my refrigerator, washer and dryer.  If you, or someone you know, is interested, give me a call.

Machado's has their first batch of apples off the trees and available.  There are only Gala's right now, and the promise of more varieties is just around the corner.  Today they have some fresh organic squash and zucchini.  Yummmmm!!!  Right now I am feeling pretty satisfied.

Once my hands stop shaking from all this excitement I will take pictures of my future home.  It is really kind of cute, though it is huge to me.  Very proud that I was able to back it into the driveway all by myself.  It just kind of happened.  Of course, I did get out and in of the cab several times to see how I was doing.  Overall, I did great.  Hooray for me!  I am very grateful I had practice, many years ago, of driving a truck and camper and towing a boat.  I was pretty good at getting the boat in the water without the truck getting wet.  So now it is practice, practice, practice.  

I will keep my car probably until a week before I take off into the wild blue yonder.  This way I will be able to easily run the errands I am sure I will be running.  I somehow feel that everything is coming into its own and all is in Divine Order.  I feel peaceful and calm and I am ready for this next phase of my life.  So, I need to keep moving and accomplish the things that need to be done.  Later.

Enjoy your life phases!

No comments:

Post a Comment