Monday, August 6, 2012

Documents Signed!

One thing down and another bizillion other things yet to do.  I worked on going through all of the materials from my past twenty years profession.  Teaching materials, school materials, student evaluations, job search materials and miscellaneous other materials.  All paper.  All needing to be handled to make sure I keep what is absolutely necessary.  My hands are so dry from all the paper handling.  Where is the hand lotion?  I also discovered that metal paper clips rust after twenty years.  Amazing that I have kept some of this stuff for so long.  This is definitely a purging time in many aspects.  

It was a wonderful exercise in staying on task and avoid stopping and reading everything I was sorting.  Some papers brought laughs, others tears (happy sweet tears), others brought questions (why have I been keeping this all these years?), and so on.  Remembering all the students I have had the honor of sharing information with and reading their comments on the classes and their experiences.  All of it very touching.  I am so glad I have the time to do this and it is causing me to silently send each of them a mental hug.  I hope they are feeling the energy sent.  Each one is so special in their own right.  I have been so honored to be a part of their lives.  They each taught me, as well, and I am forever grateful for them being in my life.  

I need to give my hands a rest from handling paper, so tomorrow will be organizing for the sale.  Sometimes I think it might be easier to just donate everything to the Salvation Army.  This would, however, eliminate the fun of a sale.  So I shall continue to vacillate between the two prospects.  We shall see what wins out in the end.  This decision, of course, needs to be sooner than later.  Time will probably dictate the outcome.  I keep remembering that soon, time will be irrelevant for me.  I relish the arrival of that event.

This day brought poems, letters, cards, notes, thoughts, perspectives, etc.  All from family, friends, classmates, students, teachers and more.  Some of these treasures will appear in future writings.  I came across essays and stories I wrote while taking a writing liberal arts class.  This is where I discovered how much I love to write.  One report was very funny and another was extremely deep and sensitive.  Perhaps some day I will share them here.  For now, they are in a box that is to be stored until they are retrieved at some other time.

I am doing my best to stay focused in the present moment and keep myself from fantasizing about my upcoming Adventure.  People ask me if I am excited.  I think in some way I am, though I feel calm, which fascinates me.  It is as though I am watching myself go through this process.  Laughing at myself and thinking things are funny.  This will get figured out as I travel.  I hope.

I am still too involved in the Olympics as I had a foot cramp yesterday.  I think this is from pointing my toes during the gymnastics and diving competitions.  I did a lot of holding my breath as the horses were going over the jumps.  And perhaps my dry hands and feet are also do to the sand volley ball playing.  Who knows.!  I shall survive all of this, I'm sure.  Maybe the foot cramp thing was because I spent the better part of an hour trimming my very tall and overgrown camellia bush.  It was way too tall for me to reach the top and I found myself on my tiptoes as I  unsuccessfully attempted to reach the highest branches.  I am so grateful the gardener came today with his hedge clippers and finished leveling off the top of the bush.  It looked pretty pathetic before he came to its rescue.  He is truly a blessing to me.  Thanks, Jim!!!

If you remember, from an earlier writing, I had a very moving experience with a pair of swans while I was visiting in Cayucos in January.  Well, while having lunch with a friend today, she gave me a beautiful card and envelope with an awesome swan gracing both.  Confirmations continue to occur reminding me that all is in order in the Universe.  Always a very good thing to remember.  So it is.

So, I best give my dry hands some most desired moisture and ready things for a good nights sleep.  I wonder if I should watch any of the Olympics before I head off to dream land?  Hummmm.  

"Suggestions on How to Live a Happy and Rewarding Life"

(Excerpted from "Suggestions for a Happy Life" 
from the United California State
 Employees Campaign video)

Wave at children on the school bus
Leave everything a little better than you found it
Leave the toilet seat in the down position
Keep it simple
Improve your performance by improving your attitude
Wear outrageous underwear under the most formal business attire
Never refuse homemade brownies

(Who would have thought these people had a sense of humor?)

Good night!

Enjoy your life!






No comments:

Post a Comment