Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dreaded Flu

Unbelievable!  Came down with the flu Monday evening and have been mostly horizontal since.  Today was motor home pick up day.  This has now been pushed out to next Thursday.  So, obviously, the clock has gotten stuck.  Doing my best to avoid frustration, which, at the moment, is a challenge.  I am certain the guys at the RV center are a bit put out, however, things are what they are.  Good news is I am still breathing!

Apparently this has affected my brain function, according to friends I have talked with in the past several days.  As far as I am aware, I am unable to think clearly at all.  Amazing how being ill can alter everything.  I somehow managed to remember that this morning was garbage pick up day.  Barely got the can to the curb when the garbage truck came barreling down the street.  The heat isn't helping either.  Add in the mix of the smoke from the six forest fires nearby, and I'm sure everyone is challenged at the moment.

I have been able to accomplish a few menial tasks, such as writing a few cards, paying a few bills, rescheduling a few clients and getting a package ready to ship to my niece, whose birthday is next week. (This is my first time on the computer since Monday.)   I failed to water the lawns and plants during all of this, so we shall see what is able to pull through from my neglect.  The ferns are looking very sad.  I suspect the heat and smoke may be too much for them.  Not their usual environment.  Mine either.

So, I think it time to head back to being horizontal again as the weakness is beginning to settle in.  This is some pretty crazy stuff.

"Adopt the pace of nature:  her secret is patience."   -   Ralph Waldo Emerson

(I'm working on this one with much diligence right now.)

Enjoy your good health!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment